USA accessories catalog?

After finding out that we can get a factory fog light kit for our cars, I'm on a mission. I have asked Chevy (through the main website) for a complete catalog of optional accessories for our Sparks, I would urge each owner to send the same message to them to help move them along. When you look through the UK and EU pages there is all sorts of neat stuff, we need the same support over here and it will only happen when we let them know that we want this information. I used this page and the email link to contact them:

http://www.chevrolet.com/help/contact-us.html

Please take a moment to ask them for an accessories catalog so we know what we can add and how much each will MSRP cost.

Thanks, Greg.

After finding out that we can get a factory fog light kit for our cars, I'm on a mission. I have asked Chevy (through the main website) for a complete catalog of optional accessories for our Sparks, I would urge each owner to send the same message to them to help move them along. When you look through the UK and EU pages there is all sorts of neat stuff, we need the same support over here and it will only happen when we let them know that we want this information. I used this page and the email link to contact them:

http://www.chevrolet...contact-us.html

Please take a moment to ask them for an accessories catalog so we know what we can add and how much each will MSRP cost.

Thanks, Greg.

thanks I just sent them a message, lets see if they listen to there customers

I really hope so, I have a feeling that we can buy the MyLink infotainment system and install it, once again a trip to the dealer to program the system to know it is there and everything should work. They should also have the much requested mud flaps, if not they are not listening to anyone since this is probably the most requested accessory.

They sent me here:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/en-US/Spark/2013/

I know this list is not all of the items since it does not list the fog lights I just bought and doesn't list the infotainment system that I know they must sell. Early reviews said the infotainment was supposed to be around a $100 option that could go on any model when you ordered it, maybe we are too early or maybe they decided not to sell it as an option, but I doubt they won't be selling it to add to the base model as an option.

In theory, they could make more turning an LS into an almost LT by selling the correct accessories as kits. One of the biggest problems this vehicle (and most new vehicles) has is that everything is a data connection so you need to program the computer to handle it. Power locks, fog lights, mylink immediately come to mind.

It would be nice to be able to buy upgraded sport style front seats, I was going to buy some Cipher Auto seats until I found the airbag in the stock seats. Need to see what happens if I unplug the seats before I can continue. Recaro makes seats with side airbags but they are far too much money. A new steering wheel might also be a logical upgrade, I'd kind of like a D shaped racing wheel on mine, but again the airbag and horn in an issue.

• 1 month later...

I would have made sure the dealers knew the accessories before the cars started arriving so the customers could buy the stuff and have it installed before pickup. But I also expected that they would have had the software needed for all this by the time the cars hit the dealers, and several of us found out the hard way they were not prepared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ask them representative if they know how many USA Sparks have been sold. And beg them to release the full user and dealer accessories to us, the dealer has access if they know what to search for but it should ba a glossy printed something that the sales people have sitting in their offices for us to look at, I probably would have ordered the fogs when I put in my down payment, might have upgraded to the MyLink too if it was offered like they said for the early review samples. Might have gone with a jack, lug nut wrench, and maybe even spare tire if it was something I could order.

Then there are all the optional things they should offer like body kits, racing seats, steering wheels, etc. They could make a killing just like scion does with their "kits".

Ask them representative if they know how many USA Sparks have been sold. And beg them to release the full user and dealer accessories to us, the dealer has access if they know what to search for but it should ba a glossy printed something that the sales people have sitting in their offices for us to look at, I probably would have ordered the fogs when I put in my down payment, might have upgraded to the MyLink too if it was offered like they said for the early review samples. Might have gone with a jack, lug nut wrench, and maybe even spare tire if it was something I could order.

Then there are all the optional things they should offer like body kits, racing seats, steering wheels, etc. They could make a killing just like scion does with their "kits".

According to sales data 1,709 sold in november 10,156 since they have been on sale. I'll let you know what year end sales figures look like after Jan 1!

Edited by westernpa25
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...