First, Best and Worst Car?

• 1 year later...

first car, best car and worst car?  HArd to choose. I have owned a lot of cars/trucks/bikes since 1968.

First:  1953 International Harvester 1/2 ton pickup truck. I bought it in 1968 for a whopping $50.

Best:  1964 Triumph TR4 with the 'Surrey Top Option'.  A really fun car with a true targa roof). 

Worst:  1971 Chevy LUV truck. This was an Isuzu mini-truck with Chevrolet badges, painted baby-crap-green. BLECH!     

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First: 1991 Chevrolet s-10 4.3 5 speed 2wd

Best:  same one but it was also the ugliest, multicolored dinged dented and all around destroyed, but I couldn't blow it up even trying.  I would add a quart of oil after it lost oil pressure and never did oil changes.  It also was almost never below 4000 rpm.  I sold it at 250000 miles

Worst: 98 Ford contour 2.5l v6 5 speed blew the motor by 50k alternator took 4.5 hours to change, the rack and pinion was a 10hr job and lots of other issues

Favorite: 71 sedan DeVille 500ci big block.  Big and fast, I loved it.

First car: 1952 Buick Super with a straight 8 Engine! All dates always said "how good the car rides"! I learned to drive on it (8 year old car when I bought it for $100) and it was built like a tank. I was a poor college student in that era and had no $$ to replace the 8 year old battery. If it did not start on first crank, the battery was dead already. But all I needed to do was have a friend push it down the hill from my dorm in Iowa city. Pop the clutch and there she went! It was 5 mpg in city but gas was 19 cents/gallon in Iowa city gas wars so no problem. Driving from Iowa city to Chicago at 90 mph, she rode smooth and stable like swan on a calm day on the lake.

Worst Car: Corvair 1964. It was in repair shop every 3 months. It broke the fan belt at 250 miles on odometer, overheated the engine, no warning of overheating but I smelled burning rubber and opened the hood and all the insulation in the engine compartment was literally melting. It was air cooled engine. I think the engine was damaged at 250 miles on odometer, and kept losing compression in one cylinder or other every 3 months. GM spent a small fortune repairing the 4 banger under warranty.

Best car: 1977 Chevy Malibu with v8 with automatic. Never needed repairs and sold it after 90,000 flawless miles because my wife did not like the reddish orange color. Started on first click every time, and even in snowy Chicago never needed snow tires and never got stuck in icy Chicago parking lots.

Best car I ever drove: 1964 Cadillac Eldorado....she was quiet, smooth, pot holes meant nothing to her, very peppy for a large car and had every conceivable option loaded in it. It was my boss's car and he graciously loaned it to me for a vacation drive around lake Michigan for a week. 

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 1 year later...

Can I add another category? The car that was the most fun to drive. To me, this is my 2003 Smartcar cabrio "numeric blue". The car is chipped and the power that comes from it 600 cc engine (turbo, intercooler, six speed) is amazing. Every time I climb into that car I get a smile on my face from ear to  mxplayer https://get-mxplayer.in/ ear.

•  
Edited by dhanushx012

my first car was a 1984 cavalier 4 door 4 speed i painted it red put on a chrome spoiler and

put in a bad ass sony cd player with 2 pioneer 12's in custom ported box, got tired of driving a stick

on my newspaper route sold it to my parents.

worst car 1991 pontiac sunbird from electrical problems to no start problems to overheating worst car ever!

best car is a tie my current 2013 chevy spark and i used to own a 2001 porsche boxster

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Can I add another category? The car that was the most fun to drive. To me, this is my 2003 Smartcar cabrio "numeric blue". The car is chipped and the power that comes from it 600 cc engine (turbo, intercooler, six speed) is amazing. Every time I climb into that car I get a smile on my face from ear to ear.

indigo card
jjsploit.click

Edited by millerckon