• 2 weeks later...

That is partially kind of true.

The insurance thing depends on the company and can be fought. Liability would not be affected, but collision/comprehensive could be.

The warranty is only invalidated if the dealership can prove direct causation. Engine/trans warranty would be in question, the A/C would not.

Another load today,

fCynua2.jpg

Edited by TheDrip

I really like your little trailer! I really don't think you will do any harm to the car with this seemingly well balanced little trailer. As long as you don't do any fast accelerations and keep the loads to under 600lbs including the trailer you should be good to go. If those big tires are for the Spark, well, you may need some bigger rims. {];-(o)

• 2 weeks later...

Which hitch did you go with? I just picked up a 15 LS I'd like to put a hitch on to pull behind a mower and such around town, nothing too far. I had a Curt I put on my last Cherokee I traded for this, and it was good, and had the t harness easy hook up which I'll get as well. I'll probably get a harbor freight trailer for it. I have a small trailer now,but it's pretty heavy duty and probably too much for it, so debating on the 3 1/2 x 5ft or 4x8 trailer

Its the Curt hitch, with the euro style draw bar. I used a t-harness for the lights as well.

That trailer came from Lowe's. By the time you put a bottom and sides on a harbor freight trailer, they end up heavier and uglier than the little one I have.

I've found the little 3.5x5 very handy. Sheets of plywood go on top just fine. I was hauling 12' rolls of carpet the other day, centered on the trailer, 3' in front (about a foot from the hatch) and 4' hanging off the back. worked great.

I've picked up 12' 2x4 lumber, moved everything in my houses except the couch and appliances, and of course all those bad ideas posted in this thread.

My riding mower is just a little longer then the lowes trailer. I could make the smaller harbor freight one work by just extending a little in the front and back. I have a pedal boat that would be nice to take to the lake, and its about 7 ft long is one thing. fits on my other trailer, I just think thats too heavy. I have a car dolly I did modify a bit to hold the pedal boat, but haven't tried it out yet

• 1 month later...

Its the Curt hitch, with the euro style draw bar. I used a t-harness for the lights as well.

That trailer came from Lowe's. By the time you put a bottom and sides on a harbor freight trailer, they end up heavier and uglier than the little one I have.

My hitch should be in today. I went ahead and just got the regular trailer wiring kit rather then the plug and play t harness style, I figure it won't be that bad tapping into 4 wires and running the positive to the battery. How accessible are the wires to get to in the hatch?

Ok I got it installed and wiring all hooked up. Now I wish I would've just got the t harness kit because it was a pain trying to test the wires to figure out which was which, lol I'll have to test it tomorrow, was getting to dark and late.

Trailer%201_zpsq7zaiy8q.jpg

Trailer%202_zpsywm8y8xv.jpg

Edited by naumanos1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

It would pull the weight, but that surface area would be killer. The air resistance trying to go down the highway would kill your mileage, probably have to drive in 4th gear. The side surface area would make being passed by a truck into a religious experience.

15 hours ago, TheDrip said:

It would pull the weight, but that surface area would be killer. The air resistance trying to go down the highway would kill your mileage, probably have to drive in 4th gear. The side surface area would make being passed by a truck into a religious experience.

Oh ya! Way too much frontal surface area for 100hp at higher speed, not to mention a cross wind...

On 10/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, TheDrip said:

The side surface area would make being passed by a truck into a religious experience.

at work i pull a 26 foot enclosed trailer with a 5500 dodge dump truck and everytime i get passed it scary. i could only imagine