Chevrolet Spark 1.0 Automatic or 1.2 Manual

I think that overall when ever you have a small engine it is better to get a manual transmission because that way you are more in control of the small amount power that those engines make. You can down shift and make changes at higher rpms. And also it makes driving experience better since you feel more connected to the car

I think that overall when ever you have a small engine it is better to get a manual transmission because that way you are more in control of the small amount power that those engines make. You can down shift and make changes at higher rpms. And also it makes driving experience better since you feel more connected to the car

I have the 4 speed tranny in our 2013 Spark and have driven both the 4speed, manual '13 & CVT '15 Spark. I can downshift all I want simply by pressing the gas & it upshifts again when I let off the gas..so plenty of control for getting up to speed and passing at higher speeds..When I had the manual (loaner) I had no need to upshift before required by the RPM because the car has very little torque needed to move the car when in a higher gear with low RPM's. In traffic I constantly found myself 'between gears' having to choose between a lower gear at high rpms or one higher at too low rpms to pass. This is where the CVT auto dual stage really shines as it has a standard gearbox attached to the tranny assembly where you are constantly in one of a wide array of gear ratio's that use the full potential of the HP at the optimal RPM's...Granted, a manual is always more sporty and fun to drive..but us old guys have done that..been there, and just want to leave the work to the auto tranny while driving as fast as possible to get to where we're going...assuming we can remember where we are going in the first place... {]:<(\)

Edited by Retired old Gearhead