Clunking noise from hatch

Over the last few months, I 've noticed an increased clunking sound from the hatchback on my 2013. It happens when there is body flex or I drive on bumpy roads(which in PA there are plenty). It is becoming more frequent/ noticeable. I'm guessing it's the struts. I'm already outside of bumper to bumper warranty due to mileage. Is anyone else experiencing this??"?

Over the last few months, I 've noticed an increased clunking sound from the hatchback on my 2013. It happens when there is body flex or I drive on bumpy roads(which in PA there are plenty). It is becoming more frequent/ noticeable. I'm guessing it's the struts. I'm already outside of bumper to bumper warranty due to mileage. Is anyone else experiencing this??"?

I was having a similar experience, really frustrating to find, but what it turned out to be, in my case anyway, was the rear seat latches that lock the seats in the upright position. This was after the car was tight as a drum for 2 1/2 yrs. What makes it hard to find is, that you can get in the back seat and shake the hell out of the seat backs, and they feel tight, so you give up and move on. What I did was cut a couple of small pieces of rubber off of a bicycle inner tube and laid them between the latch and the striker. It's nice and quiet again.