I've been hearing a random noise recently when the car sways side to side, such as when making a turn, sort of like a non metallic thud. It is coming from the rear, and it sounds like it is in the interior. I've been all over the interior, checking the seat locks, anything that can possibly move, and underneath the car, checking for anything that can make such a noise. I am starting to think it is some sort of body flex, I am considering taking it to the dealership, but I can imagine the song and dance I would get on this one. It is extremely annoying. If I should get extremely lucky, I will post what the cause was.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hearing a random noise recently when the car sways side to side, such as when making a turn, sort of like a non metallic thud. It is coming from the rear, and it sounds like it is in the interior. I've been all over the interior, checking the seat locks, anything that can possibly move, and underneath the car, checking for anything that can make such a noise. I am starting to think it is some sort of body flex, I am considering taking it to the dealership, but I can imagine the song and dance I would get on this one. It is extremely annoying. If I should get extremely lucky, I will post what the cause was.

I spent an entire day of hell, chasing down the same noise that you describe, and it did turn out to be the rear seat locks. I'll save all the gory details, but when I drove the car with the rear seats down, she was quiet, flip the seats back up, and noisy as hell. The funny thing is while the car was stationary you could shake the shit out of the rear seat backs, and they felt solid as a rock. The only thing on the rear seats, is the bottom hinges, and the upper locks. After trying a few things that didn't work, I got an inner tube from a kids bike, cut a few pieces and laid them over the stationary piece that receives the latch, and locked the rears in place. That was it, quiet as a mouse, but a real bitch to find. Good luck!!

I spent an entire day of hell, chasing down the same noise that you describe, and it did turn out to be the rear seat locks. I'll save all the gory details, but when I drove the car with the rear seats down, she was quiet, flip the seats back up, and noisy as hell. The funny thing is while the car was stationary you could shake the shit out of the rear seat backs, and they felt solid as a rock. The only thing on the rear seats, is the bottom hinges, and the upper locks. After trying a few things that didn't work, I got an inner tube from a kids bike, cut a few pieces and laid them over the stationary piece that receives the latch, and locked the rears in place. That was it, quiet as a mouse, but a real bitch to find. Good luck!!

I think I have heard that noise too but I always have my stereo loud and jamming. Lol

Might have to wrap the striker with some electrical tape.

Edited by bluer101

Bingo!! That was it, Thanks.