(Northeast US) 2013 LS

Had been driving several hours, was part way into a severe thunderstorm, and my wiper blades stopped functioning properly. They moved slowly and erratically, regardless of whether I switched settings, and eventually stopped. I left the setting in the off position for what seemed like a long few seconds, and upon turning them back on they functioned properly again. I pulled off at the next exit and looked to see if there was anything obviously visibly wrong (nope). I took it to the dealership and they couldn't replicate it. Then again, they weren't able to find the leak in a tire once because the temporary goop stuff that comes with the car for when you get a flat hadn't worn off yet.

Here's a video I found of what appears to be the same issue.

Can anyone give me direction as to what the problem could be and/or how I might be able to take care of it?

What I would do, is the next time that happens, make a video of what is going on, so at least if they can't replicate it, you have some documentation to show what the problem is. It could be something as simple as lubricating the wiper linkage, because outside of the wiper motor, there is not a whole lot that can go wrong, but the bottom line is, if you still are under the bumper to bumper warranty, it is their problem. If you are not happy with the outcome, check page 13-1 of your owners manual, there are moves you can make to get this taken care of.

Keep the group informed. Good luck!

Unfortunately, it's not under the bumper-to-bumper warranty anymore. It seems all the staff at the dealership did was read for codes and TSMs. I also don't have a video recorder, but I might try to get one.

I've had two other weird impossible to replicate issues (I reported them at the same time thinking they could be related):

1. On a handful of occasions, the radio station has changed on its own. The first couple of instances of this was when the car was still covered by the warranty, and I didn't think much of it.

2. On one occasion, I had turned off the car and the headlights remained on (with no chimes), regardless of what I did with the controls. The controls started working again after I restarted the car. This occurred when the car was out of warranty.

I don't have the version of the steering wheel that includes radio controls and other bells and whistles, but if there's a component for that in whatever circuitry's there, I imagine all three issues could be related.