Last week I took my 4 month old 2014 LS1 on a roadtrip from Florida to Massachusetts. Overall the car performed excellently the whole except for the Mylink Radio. As I left the south and approached the New England area the radio intermittently stopped showing the correct station tuned to. The display changed how it looked and would show the previous channel when I changed channels. Sound wise the channel would change (using either seek, manual tune or channel search). Once I got North of RI the problem became permanent. I was in MA for a week and the radio did not work properly the whole time. Turning the car off and back on again, the display would change to the correct frequency for what the radio was tuned to at the moment, but would not change if the channel was changed. Driving back south I wasn't paying attention to the display and just used the steering wheel switches to seek through channels until I found something I liked. Somewhere in Virginia I noticed the Mylink display was working properly again. That was 9 days ago and I haven't had an issue since then.

My questions: Has anyone ever heard of something like this before? Is there perhaps a regional signal difference that interferes with proper Mylink display operation?

Thanks in advance!

Last week I took my 4 month old 2014 LS1 on a roadtrip from Florida to Massachusetts. Overall the car performed excellently the whole except for the Mylink Radio. As I left the south and approached the New England area the radio intermittently stopped showing the correct station tuned to. The display changed how it looked and would show the previous channel when I changed channels. Sound wise the channel would change (using either seek, manual tune or channel search). Once I got North of RI the problem became permanent. I was in MA for a week and the radio did not work properly the whole time. Turning the car off and back on again, the display would change to the correct frequency for what the radio was tuned to at the moment, but would not change if the channel was changed. Driving back south I wasn't paying attention to the display and just used the steering wheel switches to seek through channels until I found something I liked. Somewhere in Virginia I noticed the Mylink display was working properly again. That was 9 days ago and I haven't had an issue since then.

My questions: Has anyone ever heard of something like this before? Is there perhaps a regional signal difference that interferes with proper Mylink display operation?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Compass65,

We're so glad to hear your Spark performed well on your road trip! We do, however, apologize for the Mylink radio concerns you've experienced. Have you made your local dealership aware of this? If you would like us to get you in contact with the dealership to address this concern, please feel free to send us your VIN/mileage, preferred dealer, and contact information in a private message.

Thank you,

Jasmine F

Chevrolet Customer Care

That's pretty weird. The my link system in my Sonic LTZ has had similar issues. randomly and not having anything to do with location or traveling it will reset everything a start up. the time will display 12:00 and all the preset radio station will show 00.0. pushing the buttons on the display makes the bluetooth connect a phone prompt pop up and you cant do anything but change channels with the steering wheel controls. If you turn the car off and back on it goes back to normal. I talked to the dealership and they've never heard anything like it. I haven't bothered to take it in because like most warranty work if they don't see anything wrong they can't fix it. They told me it may just be a defective head unit and they'd need to replace the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Compass65,

We're so glad to hear your Spark performed well on your road trip! We do, however, apologize for the Mylink radio concerns you've experienced. Have you made your local dealership aware of this? If you would like us to get you in contact with the dealership to address this concern, please feel free to send us your VIN/mileage, preferred dealer, and contact information in a private message.

Thank you,

Jasmine F

Chevrolet Customer Care

I appreciate the offer but currently the issue is not reproducable so I know there is nothing they can do to "fix" it. I did talk to the service writer when I brought it in for an oil change and he mumbled something about regional radio coding.