On May 20thwe celebrated our one year anniversary with our Green 2014, 1LT Spark with the CVT Transmission

Other than 3 oil changes I have had the car back for 3 other issues, two of which were the hood latch recall and PCV recall. The other was for the issue I reported shortly after purchasing our Spark about the transmission sometimes not resetting to the lowest gear setting when coming to a stop. I am happy to report that was fixed with the help of the Chevrolet service advisors on this forum finding a TSB and contacting my dealer. It is performing as it should now.

Statistically speaking here is my 1 year report.

Miles 15,500

Highest MPG tank, 45mpg

Lowest MPG tank, 28mpg

Average over lifetime, 36mpg

Oil used, less than 1/2 quart and that was before the PCV recall.

Performance observations:

City performance before CVT update was below expectations,but since it performs as it should with more than adaquate acceleration from a stop.

Highway performance has always exceeded my expectations, never have had issues accelerating onto the interstate or maintaining 70+ mph speeds with the cruise control on.

Mountain driving has been good, never holding up traffic on the upgrades even the steep ones. Handling around curves is adaquate, nothing spectacular, but not disappointing either.

Interior is comfortable on medium length trips of 200 miles, but can be tiring on longer trips.

Complaints: only two, it needs a better sound system and the visibility is challenging when the headrests are in the raised position.

Praises: It is a fun little car that gets lots of compliments about the color and styling which surprised me. The fuel costs are great with this car costing me less than half of my previous daily driver.

Would I recommend a Spark, YES, just remember what it is designed to do and what it costs and you won't be disappointed.

Edited by Angrybird12