If there are any Spark LS owners out there looking to upgrade the radio to the Spark/Sonic My Link 7" touchscreen then I have some information to pass along about getting it unlocked. After trying to have the local dealer unlock it and told they couldn't get anything to work I began searching around for some of these companies that unlock the GM theft lock. After a long search and being told it was pretty much impossible I did find one guy who does this and after his researching, determination and hard work he got the radio unlocked and works perfectly in my LS. I will upload pics soon.

He can be found on eBay and his website is www.tvandnav2go.com. He is one if not the only one who can currently unlock these radios and does so in a reasonable turn around time. Pass the word and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!!! looking to do the same, did you use radio part # lsp2gtx? Was it a direct plug fit with the factory LS existing harness? Did you have to add anything or was it plug ang go? Also how much did the unlocking cost ? Where did you get your mylink bezel ? Any adivce or sugestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chad

Edited by Chad1975

You guys need to be aware that it's not plug and play. You will have to get it unlocked and so far I have only heard of one company being able to do it. GM says it can't be done so don't expect the dealer to be able to do it for you.

When the Mylink is brand new it retrieves a special key code from the main computer along with many other components on the car. If that key code doesn't match then the radio or whatever was swapped in won't work. They even went as far to say in some instances it may work at first but will fail shortly there after. In the case of the Mylink, it just won't work at all.

Iteresting infromation, greatly appreciated.Getting the unit unlocked is doable. However like you stated above it sounds like a poor investment given the failure rate. Im sure eventually GM or a company will find a solution to this issue. For now I've found a direct fit and direct plug Bluetooth unit with navagation that is plug and play and includes the bezel. Sadly a car made of 100% foriegn parts and labor and a non AC-Delco made radio makes this upgrade impossible at the moment it sounds like. Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a 2015 model spark and bought the radio on e-bay and got it program by a third party and it work fine. But the apps work with Samson phone not apple you need to go to the dealer ship for the update and it depends if they want to help you they didn't even try to help they said GM would not give them the assistance they needed to program the updates so the i Pone would work. I'm still looking for the update version. But the radio still work great and i,m now using USB & Bluetooth.

• 6 months later...

If there are any Spark LS owners out there looking to upgrade the radio to the Spark/Sonic My Link 7" touchscreen then I have some information to pass along about getting it unlocked. After trying to have the local dealer unlock it and told they couldn't get anything to work I began searching around for some of these companies that unlock the GM theft lock. After a long search and being told it was pretty much impossible I did find one guy who does this and after his researching, determination and hard work he got the radio unlocked and works perfectly in my LS. I will upload pics soon.

He can be found on eBay and his website is www.tvandnav2go.com. He is one if not the only one who can currently unlock these radios and does so in a reasonable turn around time. Pass the word and thank you.

I went to this website. I no longer have my Spark, I purchased a Volt. But my we bought a mylink unit for my husbands 2014 spark ls,and are only now realizing its not plug and play. On the website you have listed, there is nothing there for unlocking the mylink radio. do you have an ebay link perhaps?

• 1 year later...

Bought a Mylink radio on ebay and plugged it into my LS and go the "Locked" message. Over the period of about three days I made the decision to try to unlock it myself. I created this blogger page to go over what I did. I did it to share with others because so much of what I was able to accomplish came as courtesy of others who posted information online. Bottom line: if you want to go through the trouble, you can obtain access to the eprom chip, buy what you need to re-program it, erase it and re-assemble and it will then work in an LS. Not simple or easy but possible.

I forgot to mention that I did not need to cut the #7 leg from the chip to disable write protection, I could read and write to and from the chip at will.

http://busted-knuckles.blogspot.com/2017/03/2013-chevy-spark-mylink-radio-upgrade.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a 2014 LS Spark and the mylink radio's touch screen stopped working. I want to buy the exact replacement radio. I can just swap the eproms in the radios to unlock the stereo as the VIN info is in the eprom. Am I correct? Does anyone know if that will work? I am thinking it should...

1080296710_sparkeprom.jpg.41177b3a2d24937835fb65958e333328.jpg

spark eprom.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 7:33 PM, fbutts said:

I have a 2014 LS Spark and the mylink radio's touch screen stopped working. I want to buy the exact replacement radio. I can just swap the eproms in the radios to unlock the stereo as the VIN info is in the eprom. Am I correct? Does anyone know if that will work? I am thinking it should...

1080296710_sparkeprom.jpg.41177b3a2d24937835fb65958e333328.jpg

spark eprom.jpg

Your idea makes so much sense that I'm willing to be the guinea pig and try it out! I'll let you know how it goes in a day or two.