CVT shifting issues and new TSB PI1309

I have previously posted about a concern I had about the CVT sometimes not resetting to the lowest ratio at a stopped condition, this made it very sluggish pulling out. I contacted Chevrolet Customer service on the forum with my concern and Jasmine replied. She checked up for me and found there may have been a TSB for my issue. She contacted my dealer and they called me and set an appointment for me to bring it in to be checked.

I took it in and they found out it did need the TSB TI1309 to be performed to reprogram the TCM. They completed that this morning and so far it seems to have cured that issue and the transmission does not seem to be as jerky at low speed either.

So if you have these issues I would have my dealer check on that TSB.

Just noticed on my dealer printout it is listed as TI1309 and PI1309....

Edited by Angrybird12
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

58 days later I got my spark back!   It seems to be doing a TON better.  No more jerking when I come to a stop, no more of the transmission not knowing when to shift, accelerates smoother.

I have previously posted about a concern I had about the CVT sometimes not resetting to the lowest ratio at a stopped condition, this made it very sluggish pulling out. I contacted Chevrolet Customer

I have taken a few road trips and been driving around town quite a bit since the software update and it works great. Its been in the upper 80's and Lower 90's the last few days and using the AC it sti

Posted Images

Finally! I knew there was a problem with the CVT's with all the posts of the same problem of the low gear not engaging. So now the recall and I'm glad to hear that the problems have been cleared up by this warranty recall service. The design of the 2014 CVT is fairly new with an auxiliary gearbox attached to the CVT. Hope this works out well for all of you with the described problems!

Finally! I knew there was a problem with the CVT's with all the posts of the same problem of the low gear not engaging. So now the recall and I'm glad to hear that the problems have been cleared up by this warranty recall service. The design of the 2014 CVT is fairly new with an auxiliary gearbox attached to the CVT. Hope this works out well for all of you with the described problems!

There is no recall, its a TSB. You will need to ask your service advisor about it or do like I did and have the Customer Service Rep on here contact your dealer with the information.

I have been experiencing this exact problem. When coming up to a complete stop, it hesitates to drop to the lowest gear. When taking off, it feels horrible. I have taken it in a few times and was told that it was "normal operation". :(

Printout the above post by Angrybird, and take it to your dealer, or contact Chevy Customer Service here on the forum, there is now documentation that this problem does in fact exist, the dealership needs to be made aware.

I have taken a few road trips and been driving around town quite a bit since the software update and it works great. Its been in the upper 80's and Lower 90's the last few days and using the AC it still has plenty of go off the line...

And I do believe it has helped my gas mileage too.

• 3 weeks later...

Iam having this issue too I have a.so been going down the highway and it's like someone shuts the car off I let of the gas peddle and it comes back on. This has happened several times I need to get to the dealer and get this update done what ever they did in February made it worse so back to the dealer again . I also asked them about alignment shims for the rear of course they knew nothing about it

Iam having this issue too I have a.so been going down the highway and it's like someone shuts the car off I let of the gas peddle and it comes back on. This has happened several times I need to get to the dealer and get this update done what ever they did in February made it worse so back to the dealer again . I also asked them about alignment shims for the rear of course they knew nothing about it

That isn't the issue I am referring to. Not sure what yours is but its not the same thing.

Oh I have the issue like you had not starting out in the lowest gear when you stop what ever they did in February was to fix that issue but now it has many issues it didn't have before it jerks and shudders too.

Did it start then or just recently? How many miles do you have on yours?

Hi Spark2014,

Very sorry for this concern! We would be happy to look into this further for you. If you would like for us to get in contact with your dealership as well, feel free to include that information in the private message. We look forward to your updates.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

• 4 weeks later...

I have an app tomorrow to get my cvt reprogrammed aim tired of it jerking and shuddering on takeoff it has even dies a couple times at stop lights called on star of course no stored codes or check ending lights so I'll get the update done and see if that fixes it . My ac doesn't seem to cool the car either so they are going to look at it too .

I had the CVT reprogram done a week ago. So far so good. But I am having a terrible time getting them to fix the AC even though the car is under the recall. They did the limit switch replacement and the rewiring but that's where they stopped. They refuse to replace anything else as they say it is now operating normally even though it still cycles on and off going down the road and blows warm at idle. i have had it to them twice now.

I am getting ready to take it to a different dealer for a second opinion. i also found that the door that dictates where the air goes is not closing all the way and cool air is being directed to the floor. i reached out to Chevy Customer Care on here but have not heard anything back yet.

My wife wants me to just cut our losses and get rid of it but I really like the car just starting to get a little worried that long term it may be trouble.

Edited by Ray Dockrey

Update was on my way to my 745 am appointment cruzing down the 4 lane road at 65 mph when the car starter jerking and bucking then it just died I coasted over to the side of the road tried to restart and nothing it smelt like something burnt up . Called on star and did a diagnostic check and guess what they said everything checked I said then why won't my car start anyway had to be towed to dealer they worked on it for two hours . Turns out a loose bolt on a ground caused a coil to burn out and that's why the car was jerking and bucking . So update to trans was not done they think that's why the car was doing what it was . Sounds weird but he trans and ac seemed fine driving back home .

I had the CVT reprogram done a week ago. So far so good. But I am having a terrible time getting them to fix the AC even though the car is under the recall. They did the limit switch replacement and the rewiring but that's where they stopped. They refuse to replace anything else as they say it is now operating normally even though it still cycles on and off going down the road and blows warm at idle. i have had it to them twice now.

I am getting ready to take it to a different dealer for a second opinion. i also found that the door that dictates where the air goes is not closing all the way and cool air is being directed to the floor. i reached out to Chevy Customer Care on here but have not heard anything back yet.

My wife wants me to just cut our losses and get rid of it but I really like the car just starting to get a little worried that long term it may be trouble.

If you hear nothing back from Chevy Care here, then use the info below. Keep us informed.

From the owners manual, pages 13-1/13-2:

"If after contacting a member of dealership management, it appears your concern cannot be resolved by your dealership without further help, in the U.S., call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020."

Some of these dealers are just a**holes, and need a boot once in awhile.

I knew of a recall on the AC on the 13's but is there also one on the 14's? Mine just started randomly blowing warm air while driving down the road, it's like the temperature door goes crazy. The fan changes tone and it sounds like the compressor cuts off.

Update was on my way to my 745 am appointment cruzing down the 4 lane road at 65 mph when the car starter jerking and bucking then it just died I coasted over to the side of the road tried to restart and nothing it smelt like something burnt up . Called on star and did a diagnostic check and guess what they said everything checked I said then why won't my car start anyway had to be towed to dealer they worked on it for two hours . Turns out a loose bolt on a ground caused a coil to burn out and that's why the car was jerking and bucking . So update to trans was not done they think that's why the car was doing what it was . Sounds weird but he trans and ac seemed fine driving back home .

Hi Spark2014,

We can understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we would be happy to look into this more for you. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to providing additional assistance!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

I knew of a recall on the AC on the 13's but is there also one on the 14's? Mine just started randomly blowing warm air while driving down the road, it's like the temperature door goes crazy. The fan changes tone and it sounds like the compressor cuts off.

Yes, some of the early 14's are covered under the recall. Mine is.