Hi. My daughter has a 2012 Spark 1.0+ here in UK. Yesterday, we hit the A/C button and nothing happened. I investigated further and realised there was no change in engine note and also noted that there was no click from the A/C clutch or from a relay.

Therefore I concluded that the relay had stopped working. Here lies my problem - I cannot find the A/C relay. The handbook leads me under the bonnet to the engine bay fuse box. But in the position where the relay is shown, there is no relay and the fuse box cover shows a dotted line around the relay?

Can anyone throw any light on this subject as I am at a loss as to where to go next. Thanks. Mike.

Thanks for your responses guys. The 10A fuse is present and I have checked that. However, at the side of it is a space and the fuse box cover denotes a relay - but with dotted lines marking it out. The aircon has always worked, so I know that the relay must be somewhere else - who knows where!

In terms of replacing the coil - how would this affect the aircon?

Thanks

Mike.

There are several things that it could be other then a relay. If it has a leak and all the refrigerant is gone then the AC will not kick on. If the high limit switch went bad and is giving a false signal it will prevent the system from kicking on. It really needs to have a set of gauges put on it and see if the pressure is reading right and go from there.

• 2 years later...