http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-chevrolet-spark-photos-and-info-news

I like it. I was checking out Sparks and knew to wait just to see the new one since the reveal was close. Liking what I see so far. Longer wheelbase, shorter height, looks a bit more reserved, and a nice power boost.

Anyone have any idea when they might start rolling into dealers? I dont know year to year release schedules, I dont pay much attention to new vehicles.

If they can keep the base price around the same ($13k-ish totally base) I would seriously consider a 2016 model.

Looks nice, but in my eyes it lost it's unique "look", which was one of the main selling points for me. The current ones look like a "fun" car, where as the new one looks like any other imported mini sedan. They have made quite a few improvements, but they will come at a cost. I think the main appeal was that you could get a new car, close to the price of a used car. I doubt they will hold the current price, and there is not a lot of wiggle room, if they push it to close to the Sonic, that's going to hurt it. Oh well, at this point it's all speculation, we shall wait and see.

Looks nice, but in my eyes it lost it's unique "look", which was one of the main selling points for me. The current ones look like a "fun" car, where as the new one looks like any other imported mini sedan. They have made quite a few improvements, but they will come at a cost. I think the main appeal was that you could get a new car, close to the price of a used car. I doubt they will hold the current price, and there is not a lot of wiggle room, if they push it to close to the Sonic, that's going to hurt it. Oh well, at this point it's all speculation, we shall wait and see.

My thoughts exactly. I loved the unique look they had. That's what drew me to getting one. ii was different anything out there. The new one is nice but it looks like all the rest of the small cars out there.

14HP with a larger = heavier engine, longer = heavier wheelbase, and more = heavier features, make for same performance numbers and thats what the article says too.. however it may be the same 1.4L thats in the sonic minus the turbo which may be a good thing theres an existing turbo kit for this engine.. I like the new safety features and the wifi and all that they're adding in but the design especially exterior not feeling it at all too similar to all the other hatches out there with tons of lines and curves and gaps and all that other crap theye throwing on cars these days to make them look fast but serve no purpose.. no need or want for me to get a 16 over a 15.. throw all the new features and new engine in the existing model and you got yourself a deal. ;D

14HP with a larger = heavier engine, longer = heavier wheelbase, and more = heavier features, make for same performance numbers and thats what the article says too.. however it may be the same 1.4L thats in the sonic minus the turbo which may be a good thing theres an existing turbo kit for this engine.. I like the new safety features and the wifi and all that they're adding in but the design especially exterior not feeling it at all too similar to all the other hatches out there with tons of lines and curves and gaps and all that other crap theye throwing on cars these days to make them look fast but serve no purpose.. no need or want for me to get a 16 over a 15.. throw all the new features and new engine in the existing model and you got yourself a deal. ;D

The 2016 Spark will have the all aluminum 1.4L engine..so that will be lighter than the current iron block 1.25L..but ya, same performance specs. I think the 'techies' will like the 4g and WiFi. I also think the car looks better with the lower profile and smaller headlights. The addition of a standard instrument cluster with proper tach is a good add. They claim better quality upholstery materials, which is a definite plus. It looks like they increased the wheel size as well. Many of the smaller to midsize GM cars are going the all aluminum engine route..which something to keep an eye on as with aluminum head, block and integrated exhaust manifold this is a fairly new design concept.

Thought I had read somewhere from recently and on out that Opel will be in charge of designing all eco boxes for GM?

I dont mind the car being built in Korea, thats fine. But when you have them designing and what not Im always really hesitant. Its getting better nowadays but I still wont buy Hyundais and Kias unless they're platform engineered or badge enginnered from other companies (like the first gen Sprtage being mostly Mazda components).

There's plenty of videos out now where you can get a more detailed look at the car . The spark at car show looks like the upscale version and if so I don't care for the wheels at all , looks like something the base should have . The motor has more tech features but more so in the turbo version that we won't get . That makes me more inclined to lean towards a turbo Sonic if I stick with Chevy . I'll have to reserve full judgement till I see it in person and look at what improvements have been made . I have had no complaints about my current Spark , it's been ultra reliable and the best GM car I have ever had in 40 years . I just hope GM doesn't screw it up with this new version and it lives up to the hype .

They both look very similar! The Hyundai has a slightly different engine bore and stroke, etc..so it is not the same engine. The Hyundai has a better instrument cluster, nicer upholstery and a 'neater' engine compartment. Looks pretty well built with a longer warranty as well. Price is comparable to the Chevy Sonic.

Looking on the Chevy website at the 2016 Spark , I'm starting to like it . The dash looks much better than I initially thought . The Mylink is now standard equipment along with backup camera . Much more polished look and there's Chevy video showing really nice wheels and twin exhaust . There should be loads of options for this car from what Chevy is saying . I'm looking forward to seeing it in person .