Skids

LED bulbs anyone used them?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys n gals..

have any of you bought/ used/etc.. LED replacement bulbs for headlights or blinkers and tail lights? you know those funky things on ebay they ship straight from china.. did they work? actually turn on? and how was the lighting for the road?

thanks

post-1584-0-07873200-1424369578_thumb.jp

Replaced my license plate bulbs with led, love em! 👍

Skids and Retired old Gearhead like this

Changed number plate bulbs and side light bulb, they look great.

I used t10 from ebay for headlights.

how are they working so far? as good as normal bulbs? Im worried about cheap china manufacturers and the LEDS burning out

Works fine, no problems or anything bad.

Skids likes this

Led bulbs use less wattage, they don't get hot and are suppose to have a longer bulb life. So you can't go wrong with Led!

Retired old Gearhead and Skids like this

I added the dome, trunk, license plate, and backup LED Philips bulbs from Pepboys. They all work great! Going to do the fog lights next. Replaced the headlight bulbs to a xenon halogens.

post-1371-0-66491500-1467596543_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-84823300-1467596560_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-38447700-1467596576_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-41061800-1467596593_thumb.jp

I added the dome, trunk, license plate, and backup LED Philips bulbs from Pepboys. They all work great! Going to do the fog lights next. Replaced the headlight bulbs to a xenon halogens.

Do you find the dome light brighter with the LED's?? I have LED's in my Rover interior lights..factory, so I have nothing to compare...the Rover is brighter than the Spark, but there are a number of LED bulbs involved..I'd like a brighter dome light on the Spark so I can find stuff my wife has previously lost after a shopping trip to Miami Beach and with the stop and starts out there the stuff she has on the passenger seat fly's off and rolls all over the place and somehow it's always my fault she can't find her stuff because the dome light is not bright enough...and, yes, I have asked her to tie the bags or use the trunk. :gaah:

I will say it is brighter but still there's a lack of light for the back seats. It almost needs a separate dome light.

Thanx Roberto..front is all I needed to inquire about..I will get brightest LED I can find for front dome...The Rover has Led's..factory.. and is bright from front to back. But the Rover was a 'bit' more expensive but a bugger to park or turn in a tight area...Fast and quiet for long trips..but basically a boring to drive car.

Anyone have luck replacing headlights from halogen to led? Looking for a set from

http://www.carid.com/2013-chevy-spark-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-88855853.html

Also looking for a switchback front turn signals. If anyone knows of a set

On 07/06/2016 at 7:31 PM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Do you find the dome light brighter with the LED's?? I have LED's in my Rover interior lights..factory, so I have nothing to compare...the Rover is brighter than the Spark, but there are a number of LED bulbs involved..I'd like a brighter dome light on the Spark so I can find stuff my wife has previously lost after a shopping trip to Miami Beach and with the stop and starts out there the stuff she has on the passenger seat fly's off and rolls all over the place and somehow it's always my fault she can't find her stuff because the dome light is not bright enough...and, yes, I have asked her to tie the bags or use the trunk. :gaah:

I installed the 6*4 cob LED in dome. Its really brighter than stock. But mine is  a cheap Chinese one so it started dimming as one after another LED dots are going off, currently only 9-10 dots from 6*4 matrix are live. I will replace with a good one and will update later.