2014 Spark Spare Tire

Some time ago, I inquired about getting a spare tire, as I live on a gravel road, and don't trust a pump and bottle of goop to repair a tire.

Someone on this forum suggested a donut spare from a 2004 Saturn Eon. (THANKS) It was a shot in the dark, but worth it to take the chance. Found what I was looking for on internet. $50 for the wheel/tire, and $25 shipping. Fed X'd and arrived in short order, and yesterday I removed a rear wheel, and fit the spare. Fit's like a glove. So then I removed all the foam packing under the hatchback, and the depression is just enough the tire fits flat, with very little sticking up. Had to discard the foam, the pump, and goop, but the floor pad fits well, and I'm now much more confident than previously.

Just my opinion, but the Spark designers really goofed big time, eliminating the spare. I didn't realize this till after I'd signed the paperwork. Had the dealer been "up-front" about it, I probably would not have made the purchase.

Otherwise, we have about 4000 miles on it, and are happy.

• 6 months later...

Some time ago, I inquired about getting a spare tire, as I live on a gravel road, and don't trust a pump and bottle of goop to repair a tire.

Someone on this forum suggested a donut spare from a 2004 Saturn Eon. (THANKS) It was a shot in the dark, but worth it to take the chance. Found what I was looking for on internet. $50 for the wheel/tire, and $25 shipping. Fed X'd and arrived in short order, and yesterday I removed a rear wheel, and fit the spare. Fit's like a glove. So then I removed all the foam packing under the hatchback, and the depression is just enough the tire fits flat, with very little sticking up. Had to discard the foam, the pump, and goop, but the floor pad fits well, and I'm now much more confident than previously.

Just my opinion, but the Spark designers really goofed big time, eliminating the spare. I didn't realize this till after I'd signed the paperwork. Had the dealer been "up-front" about it, I probably would not have made the purchase.

Otherwise, we have about 4000 miles on it, and are happy.

Yeah I just bought my 2014 spark and put 1200 miles on it. I didn't realize I had no spare either until I took the car home. Then the dealer said its over 400$ for a spare tire kit!? lol I'll be doing something similar to yours or trying to see if the original rim fits snug. hopefully it does.

We have about 9000 miles on it, and so far no flats. But we live on a gravel road that is 2 miles to asphalt. Getting average 39 mpg, and the only complaint is the transmission doesn't like to down shift, and puts you in a bind in traffic once in a while.

Cure? Stomp on the gas like you are mad at it.