Has anyone else had an issue replacing the rear wiper blade on their Spark? I've tried 12-As from Rainex, which aren't shaped correctly and won't fit on the arm, but with everyone else, Bosch, Anco, etc, the top half of the blade doesn't touch the windshield so only half of the blade actually works. The only one I haven't had this issue with is the OEM one that came on the car, but it's a Bosch exactly like the aftermarket one I bought.

I haven't had to replace my rear one yet, maybe someone else here has, and can chime in with a solution. If nothing materializes, you can check with the dealer, they should stock them, or at least be able order one, and although the price would probably be ridiculous, the blade fully sweeping the glass, now becomes his problem.

• 2 months later...

So comparing the two the issue is the contact points. The stock blade has four contact points and my replacement only had three. The replacement can't flex enough to follow the curve due to the hinged part being on the inside. This one would work. There is a review where it was installed on a 2013 Spark and it worked just fine. He also complains about others not following the curve. Choose the 12" option.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COE3ZHA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001KS2PXQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GJ21RD0BT1FC8K995YP

Edited by Ray Dockrey
  • 5 months later...

So comparing the two the issue is the contact points. The stock blade has four contact points and my replacement only had three. The replacement can't flex enough to follow the curve due to the hinged part being on the inside. This one would work. There is a review where it was installed on a 2013 Spark and it worked just fine. He also complains about others not following the curve. Choose the 12" option.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COE3ZHA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001KS2PXQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GJ21RD0BT1FC8K995YP

Using Michelins on the front, has anyone actually used this rear wiper, or found one that does the complete sweep of the glass? I'm due, and I'd like to avoid any headaches. Thanx....

• 5 months later...

After reading this post a few times over the past few days, I decided to replace all three wipers today. I'm still using all three original blades and they were showing their age.
I found a rebate for Michelin for the front, so those were easy.
The book at Walmart says the Rain-X A-12 is an "exact OEM fit" replacement, it had the 4 contact points like mine so I got that one. I must have missed the first post of this thread... :swear:

I've tried 12-As from Rainex, which aren't shaped correctly and won't fit on the arm...

So that's going back tomorrow, and I'll try the Michelin from Amazon.

Unless someone else has had better luck elsewhere? Apparently, the "fitment guides" can't be trusted, if they won't even attach to the car properly.

Well, the wiper fits. It clears all but maybe an inch, right under the brake light. That's being picky.

The clip that secures the adapter to the wiper broke off in my hand when I tried to install it.
Not really a big deal, just a poor design. Added some glue, good to go!
That's my official rear wiper review. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...