Beyond frustrated with recent recall and car that now is unusable

I got the recall letter in September about the oil consumption and engine light. My dealer did not get the part in until mid November. Two days before thanksgiving was the last time I have been able to drive my car. I am told now that many valves were burned, a piston was burned, and now the head has to be replaced. Every time they order a new part, go to install it, then see something else wrong. I live in a state where I had to have made a lemon law claim within one year of purchase, so I am fricking going to be stuck with this horrible car! I used to love my spark. The more I read the problems everyone is having, the more sad I get about this being my first ever new car. Will my car ever return to good working order? Has anyone had their engine successfully fixed after this mess?

I got the recall letter in September about the oil consumption and engine light. My dealer did not get the part in until mid November. Two days before thanksgiving was the last time I have been able to drive my car. I am told now that many valves were burned, a piston was burned, and now the head has to be replaced. Every time they order a new part, go to install it, then see something else wrong. I live in a state where I had to have made a lemon law claim within one year of purchase, so I am fricking going to be stuck with this horrible car! I used to love my spark. The more I read the problems everyone is having, the more sad I get about this being my first ever new car. Will my car ever return to good working order? Has anyone had their engine successfully fixed after this mess?

There has been a few here with a host of problems, such as yours. Fortunately after a lot of frustration and patience, their problems have been resolved, it seems the biggest holdup is the dealers themselves, a lot of them just drag their feet, and it kind of sounds that is what yours is doing. If you find yourself just banging your head off the wall, as Bluer told you, contact Customer Care located on this forum, at http://chevysparkforum.com/user/829-chevrolet-customer-care/ The girls there are extremely helpful, and will guide you with what you need to do. I am confident, you will love your Spark again. :)

Hi Bridgett,

We are always happy to help! Please send a private message our way along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and your preferred dealership. We can document this on your behalf and reach out to the dealership to discuss all assistance avenues with them. We look forward to your response.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

3 weeks should be average to get your new head installed plus whatever else they need to do because of the oil consumption. At least this was the case for mine. I suspect your dealer isnt the best at getting things done. Stay on them. BTW how many miles are on your car?