Audio system upgrade - a few questions please

I'm getting a Dual SBP8A amplified subwoofer for Christmas for my Spark. I know I have to splice into the left and right rear speakers to feed the subs high level inputs. I'm concerned about polarity and phasing. If I do both sides the same, does it matter which way the wires from the speakers connect to the sub ?

Also the Dual need a remote on lead (blue wire) to turn it on. Is there an easy place to connect this other than removing the whole head unit ? I was thinking of a circuit connection in the fuse block.

I would also like to replace the pair of factory speakers that are not coaxial (no tweeter). Would that be the rear speakers or the fronts ? Are the Kickers the best choice for mounting ? (I'm on a budget so I can only replace one pair right now)

Thanks in advance for any help and Merry Christmas all !

Jim

2013 Spark 2LT

Automatic

Denim blue

(I love this car !)

As long as you connect right positive + to positive +, from speaker to high level input, and right negative - to negative -, and do the same with the left channel, your polarity will be correct, and your speakers will be in phase. As far as the remote on wire, that can be connected to any switched connection. The front speakers have the tweeters. Have fun!

• 5 weeks later...