Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angrybird12

I hate the headrests!

13 posts in this topic

I hate the headrests on the Spark. For one you have to take them up or they are uncomfortable and another is they create huge blind spots, especially the passenger side rear and front ones. Has anyone thought of modifying their headrests to make them smaller? I will either do that or remove them completely.

Never thought of that as a problem - mine are always down in the back.

My mother in law rides back there and it has to be up for her. Wonder why they are so dang big though.

Yeah the headrests were a problem. I removed all of them, except the driver. I can see clearly, now. B)

I searched EBay for some so I could have them modified, but dang they wanted about $100 for one used one...

I posted about replacing the headrests with a pair from an Audi under a "how to remove the front headrests" question. Might be helpful.

dont know if they would fit, but the rear headrest in 07-14 silverado are super small (not sure about the new models) worth looking into.

I find if I raise mine on the drivers side, it is more comfortable when napping during a long drive with cruise set. Can't really get comfortable when they are down and every bump in the road wakes me up.

The front headrest forces my head  forward, even when raised. This causes my neck yo hurt. Why are they leaning so far frontward? This is the main problem I have with my car. 

Just went to look at a Spark. Was interested until I sat in the driver's seat. 4 minutes later I was leaving the dealership in my old car. The forward angle of the headrest is a deal breaker. The head restraint pushes my head too far forward. I don't care if it makes it 3% better in an accident and raises the crash impact rating of the car since I won't buy that car at all. I imagine sales are dropping due to people with decent posture refusing to buy a car that forces you to slouch and rest your chin on your chest.

i dont have this problem. Maybe because i dont like sitting straight up and have the seat tilted back...

I don't have that issue either , my head leans back not forward . It's quite comfortable , maybe your seat is too upright . 

I have problem with rear seat headrests blocking some vision through the smallish hatch window. I should just remove them. The kids are grown up and gone, so back seat is used more for placing groceries, left overs from restaurants, beach chairs etc. I have no issues with front seat headrests. The front seats are more comfortable than my previous car.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0