I wasn't so lucky. I just happened to notice the other day, that the bottom left piece of my drivers seat is ripped open! No cracks or anything, just the split. I checked the other areas, to see if the seams were splitting, they were all still holding up. I'll hang out until it's time for the oil change. I have another six months or so, of warranty left.

IMG_20150822_204014.jpg

I wasn't so lucky. I just happened to notice the other day, that the bottom left piece of my drivers seat is ripped open! No cracks or anything, just the split. I checked the other areas, to see if the seams were splitting, they were all still holding up. I'll hang out until it's time for the oil change. I have another six months or so, of warranty left.

I would let the dealership have a look at it, they are going to have to order a new cover, so at least they may have it for you, when you go for your oil change. No surprise that it is the drivers side, that is the seat that takes the beating, not saying that this should happen, but this would be the first to go.

Edited by WaltK
  • 1 year later...

I had this kind of issue with my boat outdoor seats..always exposed to the sun and dries out or the UV rays destroy the vinyl. I now use "Mothers VLR" that protects the material such as rubber, vinyl and leather, cleans and lubricates it..non-shiny or greasy...Might be worth it to apply this for others that don't yet have this issue..works great on the rubber hoses in the engine compartment as well..for tires it cleans and gives a matt, black finish. Cleans and conditions leather as well. ±$12. I use it on both cars and the boat.