how many people actually like their spark ?

I see a lot of people complaining on here about issues , but how many of you really like or love your spark ?

I am new to the spark community, only 500 miles on mine so far , but i like mine, it is fun to drive and looks good , i am adding graphics to mine soon, just trying to find the ones i like

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have nothing bad to say about mine, either. The fuel efficiency and ~$20 to fill up, are worth it, alone. I do wish I had the automatic headlights, that the 2014+ models have. I'd do it again.

Only owned our 14 Spark for one month and 1,000 miles later we are still as happy with it as when we bought it. I tell folks, "it's the funnest go cart I've ever driven".

I like my 2013. Put 23,000 miles on it so far. My wife Drives/ Zooms!!!, the heck out of it. Only problem was AC, fixed by Dealer. Would buy it again. Paid 10k brand new. Fun car.

Posted Images

I have owned many small cars but never one as small as the Spark. I now have almost 10,000 miles on ours since May and I am totally happy with it. Its a fun little car and it does get conversations started. Its plenty roomy and cruises the highway better than other small cars I have owned.

It gets great gas mileage and has never used any oil yet. And I love to go to the gas station and fill up on $20 instead of $50 like in my other vehicles.

I am planning on keeping the Spark for a long time.

P.S. I love the side stripes I put on mine.

post-1528-0-35353500-1414948816_thumb.jp

Edited by Angrybird12

I love mine! I've only had it 2 weeks but I'm currently getting 37 mpg city driving only and filled up for $23. Also i am able to park anywhere. I went to a band Compitition yesterday and parking was really tight. I was able to squeeze into a spot between 2 giant trucks. Never would have been able to do that with my old minivan.

Still loving ours. The thing is, is you rarely see post about people not having issues. First hiccup in any product and people flip out. Heck, I think there are a couple people on this forum bashing the crap out of the spark and gm, and not only do they not currently own a spark, but never have. It isn't till someone asks, that you'll see the people that haven't had issues and still like it.

we love ours, fantastic little car. I tell people its the 2nd best car I ever owned. Best was my 1.3 1987 honda civic.

Spark is great fun to drive (stick), costs peanuts to run.

Previous vehicles (mine), Renault 11, Alfa GTV, volvo 440 turbo, civic, fiat tipo, 'nother volvo 440, eagle talon, dodge sx2.0, 2011 Jeep grand cherokee (other current car).

Is it perfect, no but the + outweighs the - by a wide margin.

it replaced my 93 metro so it was comparable performance wise with newer features so i liked it... made a few tweeks to audio, exterior and performance now i love it.. $50 a month for gas versus the $85 a week on my now garage queen truck (which is a pretty freakin sweet as silverado) i still like this little guy.. dont know why everyones crying about it..

Love mine, but always look to improve what I've got. Read on the forum about Dynamat, and installed some FatMat for noise...Seems to have helped after I put in in the rear of the car, and put some cheaper stuff in the front.

I'm no handy man, but I think these products have helped (my install was not exactly by the book.) Of course, I really didn't think I had a problem with road noise until someone mentioned it LOL. At any rate, wonderful car with all the features I like:

Unique design--I've driven for two years now and still get questions about the car

Air (drove a 1990 Ford Festiva in Southern Central NC no Air Conditioning for 6 years...loved that car too!)

Automatic transmission (see above)

Radio w/Sirius (again, see above, no radio in my Festiva...)

All the safety features available today that I did not have in my Festiva

Small feel--the car fits like a glove; I can park anywhere parking is tight--

Great gas mileage (well north of 40 on long trips and well north of 30 in small trip driving)

All in all, I like a small car that gets me from A to B in relative comfort, which fully explains my affections for my Spark. It has all the power I need (2013 model), doesn't break the bank when filling up with gas, and has nice creature comforts...

What more could you want?

I am pleased with our Spark 1LT auto. Handles well, smooth shifts (4peed auto) and effortless cruising at higher speeds 85-95mph. Smooth idle and one flick of the key starts it. Burns no oil between changes and very easy parking. Bluetooth voice activated phone calls. Also like the settings for door locks that prevent me from locking myself out of the car as I set it to only lock with the remote. Only thing I don't like is the rough suspension.

No one that I have seen has said they don't like the Spark, the complaints are about the problems with the car, and GM/Chevy's failure to fix or at least address them.

We already know that GM is willing to lie about problems with their vehicles, and they should be the first company to take owners concerns seriously to show that they can be trusted.

After all, how can you trust a company that kept telling owners there was nothing wrong with their cars, or that the car was "operating as designed", and then issue recalls for the very things that the customers complained about?

I like my 2014 1LT CVT but I do not love it. To me it offers the base function I need out of a vehicle with no real issues it does most things well but nothing great. Would buy again because it meets all my needs but at the same time everyday I drive it is another day I miss owning a V8.

I like my 2014 1LT CVT but I do not love it. To me it offers the base function I need out of a vehicle with no real issues it does most things well but nothing great. Would buy again because it meets all my needs but at the same time everyday I drive it is another day I miss owning a V8.

That's a good point and exactly why I like the Spark for zipping around city traffic saving a bit on gas. I do have an '06 Impala V8-5.3L-300Hp that is way faster getting around town but a pig to park and does not handle as well in tight spots. I bought the Spark not so much for gas economy, but rather the small size & the fact it handles very well in tight spots. I prefer it for long trips at 85-90 as it has more comfy seats and there is very little need to accelerate and handles well at speed.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the 1st american car I bought brand new, and I love it....not sure if its because 95% of is made in asia, but, it still GM. I was hesistant due to gm recalls, but haven't had any issues since I bought in in july. I'm still hoping to take take it on a vacation from ohio to florida and back, I love driving it! Haven't had to ride in the back seat, but the front feels like a regular car, to me anyway. I hope they keep improving on it, and they will keep me as a customer.