USA version - Spare tire and jack?

I've read that the EU versions do not come with a spare tire and jack, is the same true for the USA version?

Does anyone know if the bolt pattern is 4x100 which would mean I can use the spare from my junker in my soon to arrive Spark.

Also does anyone know if the USA version can use 14 inch wheels? I might need to buy a set for snow tires since I have the tires already.

But if it clogs the pressure sensing hole, you are going to be out about $50.00USD. I've been looking at pricing on sensors because I have a second set of wheels for snow tires and would like TPMS in them, so it would be around $200.00USD to add what I need and another $150 to $350 for a tool to allow me to change the programming for the car (maybe). Schrader has a nice system of universal TPMS sensors and a compact computer based programmer I was looking at last night, they even sell some of the sensors at Advance Auto parts so it won't be too long before the price drops a little on the programming tools.

The Spark also has an option on the instrument cluster to learn tires so you may not need a tool to program the new tires if they are compatible with the built in system.

Thanks. If mine ever arrives I'll look into finding correct sensors for my snow tires.

Kia Sephia and Kia Spectra have 4x100mm wheels, you should be able to get the donut for next to nothing and get a jack from Harbor Freight. The donut from my Sephia will be going in my Spark if I ever get it. Running a Buick loaner from the dealer right now getting like 20 miles to the gallon which is killing me.

Also many of the older Honda sedans/hatches had the same size donut. Many older VWs may also have the same spacing.

And if the donut doesn't fit, then I'll put a full size from my old summer wheels in the trunk for a spare.

Edited by Greg_E
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can buy a Good Year Integrety 185 /55R15 / 82T tire mounted on a plain steel 4 X 100 wheel that I can use as a spare? "tire rack.com" has the Tires in stock, but they only carry expensive aftermarket alloy wheels. I bought a 3/4" deep socket & breaker bar and the proper jack. If I can find a spare tire, I'll be in business.

You ca use a Unique #83 wheel for 2010 Aveo http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-100&yr=2010&pc=73342&counter=1&wd=14&rw=5.5&vid=016888

You will need deeper wheel nuts which you can get at Advance Auto on the shelf, these are 12mm but I forget the pitch. The ones I bought are black and came in a package of 20 nuts, four of them are security type which I keep for spares.

Also the nuts are 19mm, not 3/4 inch

Sorry the 15 inch version is this:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-100&yr=2010&pc=72515&counter=2&wd=15&rw=6&vid=016888

Edited by Greg_E
  • 2 weeks later...

illinoiSpark, I would love to buy one of those wheels from you. Can you send me some pics? Are they full size?? Have you tried fitting them under the trunk carpet?? Just want some details. I'll gladly pay you $150 for the tire. Here's my e-mail: lennonlegend1@gmail.com. Hit me up please I've been looking for a good spare for my spark. Thanks.