Anyone seen a rear disc conversion out there?

I think Sonic has rear disks and I bet the hub mounting flange is pretty much the same. Caliper mount might be the only thing you need to make. And then you need to make a bracket to put bigger rotors up front. There is a popular mod for the Fiesta that moves the front caliper out for larger disks, still using the stock caliper and pads. With the larger rotor people say it stops a lot sooner, couple that with a rear disk kit for all around gains.

I think Sonic has rear disks and I bet the hub mounting flange is pretty much the same. Caliper mount might be the only thing you need to make. And then you need to make a bracket to put bigger rotors up front. There is a popular mod for the Fiesta that moves the front caliper out for larger disks, still using the stock caliper and pads. With the larger rotor people say it stops a lot sooner, couple that with a rear disk kit for all around gains.

awesome thanks, cant believe i didnt think of the sonic =/ id still want to drill and slot them myself at least, sounds fun to try lol

• 2 weeks later...

Some mods are just, well, a waste of time and money. Rear disks are a big job with new hydraulics that need to be in sync with the front brakes to give equal pressure on all four wheels. My Spark stops fine the way it is and for now after ±30kmi the front and rear seem to be in sync with equal pressure. One way to test this is to do a minor braking on cool brakes and feel the rear brake hubs for heat.

Here in my country there are a lot of small city cars with rear disks, there is a version of the Toyota Yaris hatchback with 1.5 L engine and it is supercharged, around 150Hp, really moves and has ABS, 4 wheel disks and 16 inch wheels, kind of pricey.

The Spark brakes are good for its size. It is very light so with ABS should be enough

• 8 years later...

I wanted to add that I have had the brakes fade hard in very sprited mountain driving. This is also with upgraded drilled and slotted rotors. This is with the 2017 Spark. I am upgrading to the Powerstop z23 carbon ceramic pads on front, Motul 700 rbf fluid, and powerstop rear shoes. I am also attempting to replace the front brake lines with stainless braided lines from another gm application. I will keep the forum updated. I was looking at the Chevy hhr dual piston calipers as a possible upgrade option but some fabrication may be needed if this doesn't correct the brake fade at high Temps.