lights come on at night when you hit the remote keyless entry

ive been looking in the owners manual for a 2013 spark it says you have the option to have to lights come on at night when you hit the keyless entry the 2013 iam renting doesnt seem to work anybody else have any experience with this ? ive rented one to make sure i want to buy one really suprised , how good this car is .

Thanks I finally figured it out like you said just the interior lights come but if you pull the turn signle lever the lights all come on so I guess that is nice I was surprised the steering wheel controls were light up at night too I know some 2013 didn't I rented 1lt model loved it great gas mileage guess I'll be looking to buy one very soon this site is great lots of info on here .

Mine come on when I unlock the car. I have a 1LT and I just went out and checked, they stayed on for 30 seconds after I unlocked it. The manual also says they will go off when you put the key in the ignition. It may be tied into the exit light delay setting in the personalization menu.

Edited by Angrybird12

Mine come on when I unlock the car. I have a 1LT and I just went out and checked, they stayed on for 30 seconds after I unlocked it. The manual also says they will go off when you put the key in the ignition. It may be tied into the exit light delay setting in the personalization menu.

You're talking about the exterior lights, right?

I bet it's from the automatic headlights, and the ambient light sensor. My 2001 Monte Carlo with automatic lights, did the same thing, the headlights and reverse lights came on when unlocked. Since the 13 Sparks don't have the sensor, the "exit light delay" in the menu, really doesn't do anything (that I've been able to tell, in almost two years). I have mine set to 120 seconds, my interior lights don't even stay on that long.

You're talking about the exterior lights, right?

I bet it's from the automatic headlights, and the ambient light sensor. My 2001 Monte Carlo with automatic lights, did the same thing, the headlights and reverse lights came on when unlocked. Since the 13 Sparks don't have the sensor, the "exit light delay" in the menu, really doesn't do anything (that I've been able to tell, in almost two years). I have mine set to 120 seconds, my interior lights don't even stay on that long.

Yes the exterior lights come on. It may only be on the 14's and 15's with the automatic lights. Edited by Angrybird12

i have a '14 2lt with the auto lights and all that. the reverse lights and headlights come on when you press the unlock button on the key fob when it is dark out. additionally they stay on for about 30 seconds at night after you turn the car off.