I am so mad beyond belief! I have a Sportrack Roof Rack for my bicycle, and my bike fell off the rack....the downtube holder AND the front wheel strap/bracket broke. I had a combo lock through the bike frame and around the roof rack, so thank god my $1000 bicycle did not tumble down the highway (lots of traffic) behind me, but it did put a nice dent in my rear passenger door, and a nice hole in the clear cover over the brake light. Question...does the rear tail light have a replaceable glass cover, or is it a full tail light replacement?

Thanks!

SparkDamageBikeRack3.jpg

Edited by Klouseau

It's all one assembly so you'll need to replace it. Someone in another thread said they are collecting core charges on lights and possibly refusing to refund the core on damaged returned lights. Not sure what this is about, but how many people buy replacement lights if their original is in proper working order???

Wow, got a quote from the local dealer here in Ontario. As I said, broken tail light, large dent that bowed in rear door and dimple along top above door. $2600 to fix ($296 for taillight). Forwarded quite to Sportrack (owned by Thule) and they are sending me a cheque for the full estimate AND a brand new upgraded rack! Wow, great customer service.