why is it taking so long to get the parts for the a/c recall?

It took less than a week for the dealership to get the required A/C parts for my car.

It then took me two weeks to bring the car in for the repair.

For the record, since the repair it seems as if the A/C cools the interior of the car faster than it did, but it still doesn't get too cool in the car.

They gave me a Sonic as a loaner, and when I drove it from my home to the dealership to pick up my Spark, the A/C was so cold that by the time I got there I had the fan speed on #2.

When I picked up my Spark (on the same day) and drove it home (on same route too) the fan was on #4 the entire way and it was no where near as cold as the Sonic was.

So now I know for sure that GM still knows how to build an A/C system that actually works well - they just didn't put it in the Spark! B)

Edited by Gossamer

Have you called the parts department yet? Mine sat there for 3 weeks before anyone bothered to call me! A few other people have said the same thing.

I was one of those members, lol. The problem was the parts department didn't enter the parts into inventory when they arrived, so they had to go back and look. They probably didn't enter them in inventory so they're still around for your car.

My dealer orders the parts, they come in, but I never hear anything. They claim they call me (two separate occasions now, this will be the third) and leave messages, my phone never rings. I have to call them, then they tell me "oh yeah they came in the next day, I called you blah blah"... My number is correct on the papers. When I am there this next time, I am going to tell them to call me from the phone in front of me. They have no problem calling with the stupid "followup" calls...

Edited by jibb3r

I believe it is a matter of competition. I am within a 10 min. drive of six large Chevy dealerships, not counting three who have gone under in the last two years. They have no choice, but to treat you well, knowing that you can just move right along to the next one in a matter of minutes. The dealer that sold me my car, has been great, up to this point. So far always parts in stock, for any recall work, polite, knowledgeable, and always a satisfaction followup, regarding the services provided. If I was to buy another Chevy, I would have no problems returning to this dealership. Being in such a close proximity, of other dealers, they know that if they want to hang on to you, they need to treat you right.

Whereas on the other side of the coin, if you have one dealership, say in a 15-20 mi. radius, he feels he can be more lackadaisical, because he doesn't feel threatened, that you will go somewhere else. I may be wrong, but I believe that some of these dealerships are screwing some people over, for this very reason.

I went to the dealer Saturday for the pcv valve recall and they said the parts for my ac were never ordered. they say they will have the parts for the ac and pcv valve next week.

Hey Jeff,

Sorry for this inconvenience! Please let us know when you get the repair done and how your Spark's A/C is doing. I would be happy to assist you if needed!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care