Where to put decal on Spark? Where does it look best to you?

Just wondering where you think putting a small decal sticker (of a brand name you are using) would look best?

I know a lot of ppl put on the right or left side front windshield like in a list, or some just put on the side of the car wheel area (just under the side view mirrors). Some put it all on the back window.

I'm just tinkering with the idea of putting up all or one of the following: K&N, NGK, HRE, and Mobil 1.

I know it's not for everyone. Some ppl hate decals and think any decal looks stupid and others love decals and think it dresses up the car nicely (although sometimes not always safe to list what goodies you might have under the hood, etc).

In your case, with all the worries of vandalism and needing 24/7 video monitoring of your car (based on you other threads) why would you want to draw attention to "goodies" installed? Either way, I would opt for decal going on a glass surface for quick removal for if and when you trade it in.

In your case, with all the worries of vandalism and needing 24/7 video monitoring of your car (based on you other threads) why would you want to draw attention to "goodies" installed? Either way, I would opt for decal going on a glass surface for quick removal for if and when you trade it in.

I completely understand what you mean. The thing is, I don't want to give in to the "fear" or whatever. I'm not going to let 1 or 2 stupid ppl change the way I want to live my life and enjoy my life. So, yes, I realize maybe putting some decals on might attract more unwanted attention but at the same time, now that I have everything set up and cameras running 24/7, I don't want to let those couple bad apples affect my life.

The good news though is the vandalism seems to have only occurred when I parked in that particular place. Now that I don't park there anymore, everything seems to have gotten back to normal. I think it was just some dude who probably didn't like me being there and rather than to just leave a friendly note or to give me a call (as my number is on the windshield), they decided to leave their message by putting paint on my car and then 2 weeks later smashing the rear window.

In any case, I think I'll do a couple on the front windshield, upper corners and one or two on the back window and some sort of anime logo somewhere else on the car hehe.

like icepick said, why do you want to advertise?.. but your choice,

depending on your state laws you can' have anything blocking visibilty on the windshield, or can only be in certain locations. I'd place anywhere but here. just give the cops a reason to pull you over for doing nothing.

like icepick said, why do you want to advertise?.. but your choice,

depending on your state laws you can' have anything blocking visibilty on the windshield, or can only be in certain locations. I'd place anywhere but here. just give the cops a reason to pull you over for doing nothing.

Totally understand your view. It's one side of the equation that I can fully understand and would say the same thing.

But on the other side of the equation, why is decaling or decorating adding "style" to your car any different than say you wanting to wear a black shirt that says "A & E" or "Hollister Co." on it versus just wearing a plain black shirt with nothing on it from K-Mart? It's exactly the same appearance shirt, just one is labeled and and the other isn't. The reason why one is labeled is to show others that you a) have a higher quality black shirt because it says Hollister or A & E or Armani Exchange or whatever on it. The other reason is because people "want" to show others that they have a brand name shirt or shoes or whatnot. It's just part of the reason why "brands" exist. There's a sense of pride and just wanting to show others that you have a "brand" name.

While I usually do find that to be superficial, it's still true. People buy things partly for the "name" and wanting to show others that they have something expensive or something high quality. On a car, I don't see why it's no different. If you have high performance brakes or CAI or spark plugs or CAT back, etc., these things aren't seen to the visible eye (usually under the hood or hidden behind the body of the car) so people like to put on the "badge of honor" that shows others I got "this" or "that". I think it's totally fine, and if done properly, can be quite beautiful. It's not just about plastering stickers all over the car. You have to pick and choose the right spots, colors, fonts, pictures/styles that go with the vehicle.

I'm having a tough time deciding where to place it and what color to use but I guess that's no different than a woman taking 3 hours to shop for a single dress. Only problem is with cars, there's no changing rooms so I can't test it out and see how it would look. It's just guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally understand your view. It's one side of the equation that I can fully understand and would say the same thing.

But on the other side of the equation, why is decaling or decorating adding "style" to your car any different than say you wanting to wear a black shirt that says "A & E" or "Hollister Co." on it versus just wearing a plain black shirt with nothing on it from K-Mart? It's exactly the same appearance shirt, just one is labeled and and the other isn't. The reason why one is labeled is to show others that you a) have a higher quality black shirt because it says Hollister or A & E or Armani Exchange or whatever on it. The other reason is because people "want" to show others that they have a brand name shirt or shoes or whatnot. It's just part of the reason why "brands" exist. There's a sense of pride and just wanting to show others that you have a "brand" name.

While I usually do find that to be superficial, it's still true. People buy things partly for the "name" and wanting to show others that they have something expensive or something high quality. On a car, I don't see why it's no different. If you have high performance brakes or CAI or spark plugs or CAT back, etc., these things aren't seen to the visible eye (usually under the hood or hidden behind the body of the car) so people like to put on the "badge of honor" that shows others I got "this" or "that". I think it's totally fine, and if done properly, can be quite beautiful. It's not just about plastering stickers all over the car. You have to pick and choose the right spots, colors, fonts, pictures/styles that go with the vehicle.

I'm having a tough time deciding where to place it and what color to use but I guess that's no different than a woman taking 3 hours to shop for a single dress. Only problem is with cars, there's no changing rooms so I can't test it out and see how it would look. It's just guessing.

Again, your car, your choice. If it were me in the same situation (vandals or break-ins around my area), I would choose not to advertise something special on something I can't always be able to see. Clothing brands, style can't be compared to a car. Lol. The clothing aspect, while it can be used as freedom of expression, or advertising that you spent more on the same thing you could get cheaper at Kmart, is changeable. People are less likely to vandalize or steal it off your back. Again it's your choice. Also as said photoshop can help you lay out graphics or decals on your car. Could always use a small piece of masking or scotch tape, rolled into a loop, apply it to back side of decal, and start placing to see if it works in the spot you want.

While they are aren't exactly the same thing (advertising your clothing brands and your car parts), the principle is the same. If you dress nicely, wear 2k suit, 2k watch, chances are you may get mugged or draw more attention to yourself by would-be thieves and criminals. People aren't going to "not dress up" because they are worried about being attacked. Decals are removable and changeable. Actually, when I said vandalism, I didn't actually mean that there are bands of people here who are targeting customized cars. I just meant that weird things had been happening to my car and seemingly only to mine, but they weren't actually cases of someone targeting me simply because i had a modified looking car. Not sure if I mentioned this but about a week ago, I had a eaten corn cob thrown at my rear window and my cam caught it on recording but not the person who threw it. This was right at the grocery store so someone probably just flung it after finished eating and it just happened to be my car of the 50 cars out there it had to hit lol.

Yes, I'm "decent" at photoshopping but I mostly just visualize it in my head and that's accurate enough. It also helps to look at other customzied/modified cars just to see examples of what looks good on what and where they placed it and color combinations etc.

In any case, I know I'm doing nothing wrong and it's not my "fault" if someone is jealous or envious of my car for whatever reason (it's just a spark) just because I put some decals on it, doesn't give anyone the right to vandalize. I will do what makes me happy and if someone else has a problem with that and wants to commit a crime, the way you deal with it is to get that person caught and arrested, not simply decide I'm going to "sell" my car and buy an old ugly clunker just in "hopes" that nobody will want to vandalize that car. That's not a way to live.

I really appreciate your feedback. This is not an attack on anyone. I just like defending my philosophy. It's like saying to a woman, that the reason why she got raped was because she was wearing really tight jean shorts, open top showing midriff, and showing off her hot ass in public. Do we just blame the victim for how she was dressed or her conduct in public? Or do we focus on catching the idiots who think they had a right to do what they did just because she was "tempting". And let's not forget, this is a Spark we are talking about. Doesn't matter how many decals you put on it, it's still a Spark.....why would anyone be jealous of a Spark? If anything, they should just go and target the BMWs, Mercedes, and other more expensive and alluring vehicles out there with 10x more technology and power behind the wheels hehe.