Hi everyone I have a 2012 chevrolet spark LT 1.2 and have just started getting problems with central locking and the alarm, firstly the central locking stopped working but it will work once or twice every now and then and now the alarm is not working right sometimes it will alarm when you open the doors and sometimes not and now the blue light inside the car is staying solid, If anyone can give me any information on this it will be much appreciated as I am a new chevrolet owner thanks.

Edited by Phil Hymus

Hi everyone I have a 2012 chevrolet spark LT 1.2 and have just started getting problems with central locking and the alarm, firstly the central locking stopped working but it will work once or twice every now and then and now the alarm is not working right sometimes it will alarm when you open the doors and sometimes not and now the blue light inside the car is staying solid, If anyone can give me any information on this it will be much appreciated as I am a new chevrolet owner thanks.

Hey Phil,

Have you considered taking this into your preferred dealership and bringing it to their attention? I would be happy to assist you with this. Please send me a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership. Hope to hear from you soon.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

• 5 months later...

Hello, i also have a prob w/ the alarm system of my Spark LT.

I left for the US for a month this December. And i told my friend here to just lock the car using the key (not the alarm remote).

Upon my arrival here last week, we're surprised that when we arm the car (using the alarm remote), the car will sound the panic alarm after few seconds, sometimes after 2minutes even if all doors are correctly locked and no major vibration/disturbance nearby. Could someone help us here pls.? Temporarily, im just locking the car using the key in the driver's side to lock all doors. But it's not safe for theft, so i want it back to normal. Thanks for your help guys.