You can get a muffler at your local parts store or muffler shop. Call and see if they have what you want and which is cheaper. A saws-all or hacksaw will make cutting the pipe where the muffler joins. Welding the muffler back on at that place is best but the make a bolt on type connector that squeezes them together. Also if you look you will see some rubber mounts that the muffler hangs from the car on and some hooks on the muffler.

You can get a muffler at your local parts store or muffler shop. Call and see if they have what you want and which is cheaper. A saws-all or hacksaw will make cutting the pipe where the muffler joins. Welding the muffler back on at that place is best but the make a bolt on type connector that squeezes them together. Also if you look you will see some rubber mounts that the muffler hangs from the car on and some hooks on the muffler.

So if I wanted something like this:

http://www.carid.com/spec-d-exhaust-systems/spec-d-universal-muffler-10984909.html

I'd cut from where the pipe and the muffler meet, slide this bad boy on. Clamp it, as welding isn't really an option. And boom that's it?

As long as the pipes are the same size ( given the muffler has to be slightly larger to slide over) which is how they are built. Makes sure that it's is capable of sliding over and being clamped, which should be a given. But I'd check. If everything is right it should be that easy.

• 2 months later...

It is better you remove the stock muffler and the pipe with it and put a new one it will help you with leaks and you can use the stock muffler hangers jst weld the stock ones on the aftermarket muffler and it will be as good as stock I have done it been 2yrs havnt had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock mufflers on the USA models are all stainless and seem to work well. Cutting, welding and replacing something that is not broken will only give you the advantage of sound and loud mini cars are considered very irritable here in the USA. Maybe India is different and the xtra sound is required to notify pedestrians that something is coming their way. We have a kid on our street that has modified his exhaust system (no doubt at great expense) on his old little Honda he has striped, lowered and tinted. He can be heard for miles and is extremely irritating.