Here's a tip to keep your engine compartment looking like new:

The salty air in Miami causes aluminum surfaces to oxidize. Looks like whitish/gray powder on aluminum surfaces. I decided to use a 'rubber safe' tire dressing that comes in a spray bottle to spray the exposed area of the engine and and all the tubes and hoses. Engine and all rubber/plastic/etc looks like new and the thin coating keeps it that way without harming the rubber or plastic areas. Avoid the belts. It's been about a month since the application over the entire engine compartment and all components are clean, shiny and corrosion free. The product I used was "Turtle Tire Shine" in spray bottle form. Use a clean cloth to wipe off any excess spray and spread evenly.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

Here's a tip to keep your engine compartment looking like new:

The salty air in Miami causes aluminum surfaces to oxidize. Looks like whitish/gray powder on aluminum surfaces. I decided to use a 'rubber safe' tire dressing that comes in a spray bottle to spray the exposed area of the engine and and all the tubes and hoses. Engine and all rubber/plastic/etc looks like new and the thin coating keeps it that way without harming the rubber or plastic areas. Avoid the belts. It's been about a month since the application over the entire engine compartment and all components are clean, shiny and corrosion free. The product I used was "Turtle Tire Shine" in spray bottle form. Use a clean cloth to wipe off any excess spray and spread evenly.

Wondering....does it work better than Armour All because I would like to find a products that lasts longer on rubber parts?

Wondering....does it work better than Armour All because I would like to find a products that lasts longer on rubber parts?

As long as it is in spray form and not foam it should work equally well. I have used ArmorAll - Original® spray designed for interior car use on the engine compartment on other vehicles for years with good results. I just happened to have the Turtle Tire Shine® on hand as I was using it on my older Chevy SS big tires and the Turtle product was cheaper. Just don't use WD-40 as it contains solvents.

•Here is a link to products I like that may help you decide what is best for your needs:

http://www.armorall.com/product-types/protectants/

Edited by Retired old Gearhead