My 2013 Chevrolet Spark LS started to have very insufficient AC Last summer in 2016. Then the AC started to stop working now in April 2017 (when vehicle is stationary and in motion) and it's only 53000 miles. It's going to be intolerable in the summer time without AC. I have seen many other complaints on the 2013 chevy spark. I haven't used the AC much and now its not working - turned on with no cold air. The GM company does not want to help me get it fixed after me contacting them several times about this issue. I told them that this is clearly a defect in their manufacturing end. Not sure if I will buy any GM vehicles anymore. I have reported this issue to the NHTSA. Hope more people can report this issue to them and start to have them recall it. Not sure how this is going to survive the summer in this dry desert heat...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far everyone that has taken their car in, hasn't had a problem, it seems your dealer is an asshole, that has it out for you, and it doesn't seem he is going to go out of his way to do you any favor

Hey stevesparky, All recalls and parts are VIN specific. With this particular recall, it pertains to the 2013-2014 models. If you would like me to look into the status of your Spark, just send me a P

With this recall going on, they should be stocking these parts. If they knew up front why you were bringing in, they should've told you, not to bring it in until Thursday, or whenever they knew the pa

3 hours ago, ChevySparkOwner said:

My 2013 Chevrolet Spark LS started to have very insufficient AC Last summer in 2016. Then the AC started to stop working now in April 2017 (when vehicle is stationary and in motion) and it's only 53000 miles. It's going to be intolerable in the summer time without AC. I have seen many other complaints on the 2013 chevy spark. I haven't used the AC much and now its not working - turned on with no cold air. The GM company does not want to help me get it fixed after me contacting them several times about this issue. I told them that this is clearly a defect in their manufacturing end. Not sure if I will buy any GM vehicles anymore. I have reported this issue to the NHTSA. Hope more people can report this issue to them and start to have them recall it. Not sure how this is going to survive the summer in this dry desert heat...

Your A/C problem could simply be lack of enough Freon (or whatever fluid is used in your car). If car is past bumper to bumper warranty, GM or dealer will not repair it free. Freon leaks out from all A/C units depending on how good seals are. That is not considered a repair. It is a maintenance item. Same as air pressure in tires. Seals tend to last better if A/C is run briefly once a month. I would stop by a repair shop who services Auto A/C.

Edited by Bobby MSME
!!
  • 1 month later...

What can I do I just purchased my 2013 spark from a used dealership last June or July after recall ended and my ac/heater just stopped working today? Is this going to be an out of pocket expense and is it going to cost a fortune?

9 hours ago, Deanna said:

What can I do I just purchased my 2013 spark from a used dealership last June or July after recall ended and my ac/heater just stopped working today? Is this going to be an out of pocket expense and is it going to cost a fortune?

The big question is, what stopped working? Is it not blowing air? Is it not cooling air? Or is it not heating air? 

You are beyond your bumper to bumper warranty so it will be an out of pocket expense.

And yes it can get expensive, and don't go buying the recharge kit from a car store or walmart, you can do a lot of damage if you dont know what you are doing.