2014 LS cycled hot/cold before I took it in for the A/C recall. They replaced the pressure switch and harness last month. I just took a trip to Washington D.C., 12 hours 900 mile round trip (plus the time spent in D.C.). Not ONCE was I or my girlfriend uncomfortable, even when the temperature spiked into the 90s (not exaggerating). I myself am throughly convinced it is fixed.

This is really good news. Do you have tint? Do you park outside in the sun? You know how you get into a hot car? This is where the Spark has a hard time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far everyone that has taken their car in, hasn't had a problem, it seems your dealer is an asshole, that has it out for you, and it doesn't seem he is going to go out of his way to do you any favor

Hey stevesparky, All recalls and parts are VIN specific. With this particular recall, it pertains to the 2013-2014 models. If you would like me to look into the status of your Spark, just send me a P

With this recall going on, they should be stocking these parts. If they knew up front why you were bringing in, they should've told you, not to bring it in until Thursday, or whenever they knew the pa

Bluer101 said: "They started with compressors. Then had expansion valves. Then the blend door pieces. Then software. Then the clueless dealers with all types of magic fixes including it's operating correctly."

I sorta agree..very confusing as to what exactly is causing the A/C issue. Surely the fix must be the same for all units that have the exact same problem. Some of the fixes that are currently being done include the evaporator temp sensor. That sorta makes sense as it is the sensor that controls cycling I/O, however that is a huge job to replace that part due to the location under the dash and requires dash and a few other panels be removed to get access. I just can't see how so many possible fixes there are for the same problem. Surely they must be able to narrow it down a bit. All I know is that I had the refrigerant topped up a bit to just a little over and it cools fine. Mind you we never had any severe cycling problems to start with, but it did cycle a bit more often before the 'top off' was done by my own mechanic. This is Miami and as long as the humidity is removed, even 80º is not uncomfortable inside the car.

Bluer101 said: "They started with compressors. Then had expansion valves. Then the blend door pieces. Then software. Then the clueless dealers with all types of magic fixes including it's operating correctly."

I sorta agree..very confusing as to what exactly is causing the A/C issue. Surely the fix must be the same for all units that have the exact same problem. Some of the fixes that are currently being done include the evaporator temp sensor. That sorta makes sense as it is the sensor that controls cycling I/O, however that is a huge job to replace that part due to the location under the dash and requires dash and a few other panels be removed to get access. I just can't see how so many possible fixes there are for the same problem. Surely they must be able to narrow it down a bit. All I know is that I had the refrigerant topped up a bit to just a little over and it cools fine. Mind you we never had any severe cycling problems to start with, but it did cycle a bit more often before the 'top off' was done by my own mechanic. This is Miami and as long as the humidity is removed, even 80º is not uncomfortable inside the car.

I forgot the evap sensor. That sensor actually takes 5 minutes to replace. It's right beside the gas petal and plugs in on the passenger side. You don't have to remove a thing.

I wish I would've seen this thread sooner, I just got the letter from Chevrolet for the Recall of the A/C compressor. I talked to my friend who works at the dealership and he told me there is a recall for it to check it and replace it "if needed", however today my friend told me that it seems GM/Chevrolet is switching the recall from "just checking it" to making it a "mandatory replacement."

I called the dealer service parts where my friend works and they got my information down and told me they'll order the parts and it'll take 2-6 weeks to get the parts. -_- dang it. The good thing is it's not a big problem but would be nice if they had the parts in stock if they knew about it.

Well yesterday I drove down to visit my mother (about an hour or so away), and according to the temperature display on the MyLink radio, it was 82 degrees when I left.

When I got to my mother's house, the temperature inside my Spark (according to my thermometer) was 75 degrees and the outside temp on MyLink was 84 degrees.

My car sat outside my mother's house for about 2 hours and then we went to lunch.

The interior temp of my heavily tinted Spark was now 91 degrees, and the outside temp was 87.

It was still 91 inside the car when we made a stop about 10 minutes later and the car was left idling with the A/C on for about 5 minutes lowering the interior temperature to 89 degrees (2 degrees in 15 minutes), and then continued on to the restaurant, about another 10 minutes away.

When we got to the restaurant, the MyLink radio said that the outside temp was 86, and my thermometer said that the inside temp was 87, so the A/C on high and recirculate only managed to cool the inside of the car 4 degrees in a total of 25 minutes of driving, and it was still 1 degree hotter inside the car than it was outside!

But hey, those wonderful "GM trained, ASE certified HVAC technicians" say that there are no further repairs needed on my car!

Edited by Gossamer

I wish I would've seen this thread sooner, I just got the letter from Chevrolet for the Recall of the A/C compressor. I talked to my friend who works at the dealership and he told me there is a recall for it to check it and replace it "if needed", however today my friend told me that it seems GM/Chevrolet is switching the recall from "just checking it" to making it a "mandatory replacement."

I called the dealer service parts where my friend works and they got my information down and told me they'll order the parts and it'll take 2-6 weeks to get the parts. -_- dang it. The good thing is it's not a big problem but would be nice if they had the parts in stock if they knew about it.

Well yesterday I drove down to visit my mother (about an hour or so away), and according to the temperature display on the MyLink radio, it was 82 degrees when I left.

When I got to my mother's house, the temperature inside my Spark (according to my thermometer) was 75 degrees and the outside temp on MyLink was 84 degrees.

My car sat outside my mother's house for about 2 hours and then we went to lunch.

The interior temp of my heavily tinted Spark was now 91 degrees, and the outside temp was 87.

It was still 91 inside the car when we made a stop about 10 minutes later and the car was left idling with the A/C on for about 5 minutes lowering the interior temperature to 89 degrees (2 degrees in 15 minutes), and then continued on to the restaurant, about another 10 minutes away.

When we got to the restaurant, the MyLink radio said that the outside temp was 86, and my thermometer said that the inside temp was 87, so the A/C on high and recirculate only managed to cool the inside of the car 4 degrees in a total of 25 minutes of driving, and it was still 1 degree hotter inside the car than it was outside!

But hey, those wonderful "GM trained, ASE certified HVAC technicians" say that there are no further repairs needed on my car!

Check out the upper quote, if that's the case, you're good to go..

Well, since our resident Chevy representatives told me that they are no longer allowed to talk to me, I guess I can't ask them for any help in having it done, but if things work out, I won't have to deal with this much longer.

I just hope my magnetic lemons get here soon! :)

I went to my dealership today. They replaced the switch and the evaporator sensor on my spark. They were more than gracious more than accommodating I was very impressed with GM service!!

Wow, some drive up and get parts. Some dealer can't even get the parts. What is wrong with this picture?

Let's have a giant sale with unbelievable prices, but let's not stock a single thing in the sale.