• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far everyone that has taken their car in, hasn't had a problem, it seems your dealer is an asshole, that has it out for you, and it doesn't seem he is going to go out of his way to do you any favor

Hey stevesparky, All recalls and parts are VIN specific. With this particular recall, it pertains to the 2013-2014 models. If you would like me to look into the status of your Spark, just send me a P

With this recall going on, they should be stocking these parts. If they knew up front why you were bringing in, they should've told you, not to bring it in until Thursday, or whenever they knew the pa

I got my ac done yesterday. They were supposed to have the kit in stock but of course I have to go back because they didn't have the wiring harness that only 'some' Sparks need to have replaced. Ugh.

I got my ac done yesterday. They were supposed to have the kit in stock but of course I have to go back because they didn't have the wiring harness that only 'some' Sparks need to have replaced. Ugh.

This is what is so sad. I'm going next week to show them the letter. I'm letting them know that I have had nothing done to this date. Then going to tell them to order all the parts, ALL. Call me when all come in to do the whole fix. GM is paying dealers whatever it takes so I want all the parts, end of story. I'm not making multiple trips.

I got a recall as well. My A/C works fine.. The sheet says I can wait until 2016? I'll wait until my next oil change... 6 months from now.

Yeah, that's my plan. They'll probably still be on backorder by then, anyway. :doh:

Hey tootal2,

Please feel free to send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location. We are more than happy to address any questions and concerns you may have and contact your dealer on your behalf.

Regards,

Laura M.

Chevrolet Customer Care

Edited by Chevrolet Customer Care

I have had AC issues since I bought my 2013 Spark in September 2012. I had the car in within the 1st month, I have had every part of the AC replaced from the compressor 2 times, the evaporater, all the filters, and some dryer (it is in the dashboard and they had to replace that because they dented it). I have had the harness replaced. I am picking the car up today, this is the 5th time it has been in for the AC. They are telling me that the air is coming out at 61 degrees. I live in Oklahoma, you have to have AC, it is supposed to be 100 degrees today. I think this should be a good test. Lets hope this work. I have even had the engine replaced under the CEL & traction control problem. I cannot even imagine how much all of this would have cost. It has taken 2 different dealers to get this far. Here's hoping.

Was at dealer yesterday for my maintenance and for the A/C even though mine works fine . I asked if they could do everything at the same fime to save me a trip or trips. They sent me an email copy and paste of info from Chevy . In short few Sparks are going to need anything done . They expect very few will need a compressor . They said they will do the inspection and if needed will have to order parts . As expected everything on mine was fine but they did the BCM update . Talked to 2 different service advisors and most of the Sparks they looked at needed nothing in the way of parts . I think it's great of Chevy to go through the expense of checking all these cars whether owners have complaints or not. I was in for the 15k checkup . They said don't bother as they will check everything for free during the oil change / tire rotation and give me a printout . Great service so far. Sidenote , Spark another sales record , nearly 5200 sold in May crushing the competion .

• 2 weeks later...

I took my car in Tuesday they are ordering the parts. Said it'd be 2-3 days and they'd call and schedule another appointment to fix it. It is Friday now and no call yet. Hoping for Monday. But they have yet to offer a vehicle to me while it's in the shop and when I asked they said they didn't have any. Luckily I have an old chevy truck at my disposal. It's not had these issues.

I been waiting 3 weeks for parts

I had the same problem. What happened was when the parts arrived at the dealer, the parts department forgot to enter them into inventory. A service advisor checked the back, and my parts were there after 2 weeks of waiting. Call them and have the dealer double check in the back. Hope this helps.

Mine seems to have started the cool cold cycle again. Not nearly as bad as before the recall but it is noticeable. Will give it a week and see what happens. I am sick of this car. It was in the shop last month for faulty power locks and again 2 weeks ago for the cruise control not working. 16k miles and been in the shop 8 times for warranty work. This has been the biggest piece of $hit I have ever owned. I am sick of it!

Mine seems to have started the cool cold cycle again. Not nearly as bad as before the recall but it is noticeable.

That's not good, guess in the year that has past they didn't test it for enough miles. Really starts making you think about the amount of refrigerant in the system and how it may not be enough.

Check with dealer. Car is done. I'll see when I pick it up after work if it's cool. I also had them check on my hesitation and they are ordering 4 new injectors. I've yet to be able to get a loaner during theses fixes I hope I can for the next service appointment.

Check with dealer. Car is done. I'll see when I pick it up after work if it's cool. I also had them check on my hesitation and they are ordering 4 new injectors. I've yet to be able to get a loaner during theses fixes I hope I can for the next service appointment.

Hey njresler,

Thank you for the update! Please continue to let us know how your Spark is doing, and if further assistance is needed.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care