This weekend was the first time that I really was able to judge the stability of my 2014 Spark. Had to drive nearly 100 miles with a stiff crosswind blowing. And I do mean stiff, with winds a steady 30-40 mph with gusts to 60 mph. And coming at me directly at a 90 degree angle. The Spark held the road just great at 70 mph. Drove like a car that felt MUCH heavier than what it really is. A little buffeting yes (very little), but NO problem what so ever staying centered in the lane, etc. Just thought I'd share, :)

Ironically last week when I was taking a trip I was blown clear into the next lane on the highway . First time that's happened but disconcerting nevertheless . Normally it does fine but a powerful gust will definitely blow it around . I did have a tough time keeping it under control till the winds died down . Most of the other cars slowed down also and be have been affected as well . Had I not been in the right lane I would have been shoved into another car.

Actually full size vans and suv's are worse in cross winds than small cars. Minivans are also bad, worse than the Spark in cross winds. Electric power steering takes getting used to, since you don't have to correct as much, and have hardly any feel through the steering wheels as to what the tires are doing.

I'll counter that, I think the electric assist that we have give very good road feel. WHat would worry me is something like Fords new system on the Fiesta which says it will counter the shaking from a slightly out of balance wheel.

That just can not be good for the steering rack, tie rods, or electric power steering system. I can't remember if it's GM or Ford - but one of their systems will shake the steering wheel if you start to cross lanes without signaling.

The Spark was one of the best small card I have been in for resistance to being blown around. It actually seemed to get blown around less than my Focus. The Versa was the worst (stock) vehicle I have been in. That thing was reallllllllllly getting blown all over.

My Cherokee is the worst modified vehicle I have drove. I caught a 50MPH gust one time while on the highway and I thought I was going to end up on my side or in the guard rail. Blew me across 3 lanes of traffic. Luckily the gust stopped before I ran out of lanes.

I'll counter that, I think the electric assist that we have give very good road feel. WHat would worry me is something like Fords new system on the Fiesta which says it will counter the shaking from a slightly out of balance wheel.

I also think that the Electric Assist on the Spark gives very good road feel....borders on excellent as far as I'm concerned.

Just drove over the mountains from Imperial Valley CA to San Diego and the mountain winds were horrible. A big rig was even blown over on Inerstate 8. The Spark did not handle well in the 60-70 mph mountain winds and I was blown from lane to lane at vehicle speeds not exceeding 50 mph. Other cars were passing me left and right, but I was being overly cautious in the high winds. Not only the handling, but when I arrived in San Diego, my front bumper, hood and windshield were sandblasted all needing replaced and repainted. I must say it destroyed me, but I continued to Escondido Chevy dealer and had him appraise the damage. I traded the Spark for $14,500 trade in on a 2014 Sonic LTZ hatchback and drove it back to Imperial Valley. Love the roominess of the vehicle, the performance of the turbo, the real 6 speed auto tranny and overall quality of the sonic. Also, the A/C was never higher than 2 and it was consistently cool in vehicle, even with 90 degree heat today.

Hopefully, Chevy engineering gets the Spark problems ironed out for everyone who has had problems on this forum. Good Luck and enjoy.

John