HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

Ok I just looked. I see the harness on the pass side you are talking about. I do not have the extra wire zipped tied as I have not had the fix done. But what is strange is they have bypasses the original wire and gone directly to something under the dash.

I'm really curious what it looks like. Did they just poke a hole in the rubber grommet in the firewall? Or did they run it in the original loom? I looked under the dash and with the glove box removed the grommet is perfectly visible. Very curious now. I wish we had a PDF of the fix from Chevy it would answer lots of questions.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

The new wire is hugging the harness so tightly, it appears it passed right through the grommet, along side of the harness. Don't see any new holes. I guess it depends on the tech, some are neat, and some are.................

I bet they had a bunch of bad harnesses so they are bypassing the included wires vs. replacing the entire harness. Not sure why they wouldn't just check the internal harness and determine if there was a broken wire, then add the external harness unless these systems never had a low pressure cut out switch (find that hard to believe).

Mine also needed the pressure switch, wiring harness, and line filter. Dealer ordered the parts, about a week to arrive, then install. Hopefully this is the fix we've waited for from GM. Good to get it done before the summer rush, and more ticked off Spark owners show up that have not had the fix done. Thank you Erica @customer care for helping us work with GM on working out the bugs on these cars.

Hey Austex04,

Not a problem! I am glad to be able to assist.

Erica Tiffany

Chevrolet Customer Care

I bet they had a bunch of bad harnesses so they are bypassing the included wires vs. replacing the entire harness. Not sure why they wouldn't just check the internal harness and determine if there was a broken wire, then add the external harness unless these systems never had a low pressure cut out switch (find that hard to believe).

The low pressure switch is there. It's right infront of the compressor. It's not the blue and white plug on top of the compressor but about 6 inches in the hard line just after the compressor. If you look straight down the other line blocks it.

I can only assume the bypass something in that harness.

Could one of the Chevy Customer Service people post the PDF instructions please? Or point to a link for us. Thank you.

Yo! Lazer, how's it going, hopefully were sitting on a fix, still not sure though, I need to warm up a little more here in Jersey. Hopefully the Southern guys will provide a little more input, before I can. So you're driving a Cube? What happened with the Honda? Good to hear from you. Stay in touch.................

just PMed chevy customer care...

hope this is a fix ...

its still pisses me off that i was told "its working as designed" by all those clowns at the dealer... all while the morons forgot to add the proper amount of freon ...

Edited by Lovgun7

just PMed chevy customer care...

hope this is a fix ...

its still pisses me off that i was told "its working as designed" by all those clowns at the dealer... all while the morons forgot to add the proper amount of freon ...

And that is why I'm probably going to throw a bunch of money away to trade my car in this early. Got some letters to write tonight.

Thanks guys.

Just putting around in my Cube, wishing I had those Spark MPGs. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the bugger, And this forum.

Long story with the Honda. But short version is they sold me a car that was illegally imported.

Was hoping that GM helped yall out by now.

Edited by Lazerface

Thanks guys.

Just putting around in my Cube, wishing I had those Spark MPGs. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the bugger, And this forum.

Long story with the Honda. But short version is they sold me a car that was illegally imported.

Was hoping that GM helped yall out by now.

Wow, that's a bummer. Before the spark I looked at the cube. But new price was more than the spark with less options, plus mpg.

Even the Fiesta isn't that much better in features than the Spark, just wish mine had been built correctly. Sitting here writing messages to dealership owners and chevy support growing more bitter with each passing day. My car went from really fun vehicle to mental health hazard.

Our AC would fluctuate slightly when coming to a stop but never once did it blow "warm".

Im afraid to do anything to ours as its been problem free for 18k. Only issue was once the radio didnt work randomly. And we popped a washer fuse due to water.

Kinda want to see how far it goes before something truly happens.

They were able to fit me in today at 7:30am. Apparently they had the parts in stock and were able to do the job in an hour and a few minutes. I didn't receive the service paperwork so I am unsure what was done. They told me I would get a copy in the mail. I was able to test it on the way home and I didn't notice any difference (I live less than a mile from the dealer) but I have only used the A/C a few times last year and it was for short periods.

Well, I brought my car in on Monday for the "Customer Satisfaction Program", and I was told that it is nothing more than making sure the vehicle has all of the already released repairs to the A/C. :banghead:

Now I know there will be those of you that are gonna say "That's BS, they replaced my switch and wiring harness!".

Well the bad news is, I have been in contact with our resident Chevy reps, and told them that the dealership said that my vehicle already has all of the available repairs done, and asked if there wasn't some new repair under this "program" (like the switch and harness other have reported), I got the wonderfully ambiguous answer of "yes, that's what I was told too". "Would you like me to help set up an appointment with a different dealer?" :headscratch:

Notice after a few requests on the forum as to what the "program" entails, we have not been told? That's because there is no new repair for the cars!

Now the dealer kept my car until Wednesday calling me on Tuesday to tell me that they "were still working on it", yet all of the paperwork says they did nothing to my car except test it!

Ever get the feeling you're being lied to?

I'm beginning to believe what that unnameable person told me about how Chevy intends to deal with these cars and their owners. :nonono:

Edited by Gossamer

Well, I brought my car in on Monday for the "Customer Satisfaction Program", and I was told that it is nothing more than making sure the vehicle has all of the already released repairs to the A/C. :banghead:

Now I know there will be those of you that are gonna say "That's BS, they replaced my switch and wiring harness!".

Well the bad news is, I have been in contact with our resident Chevy reps, and told them that the dealership said that my vehicle already has all of the available repairs done, and asked if there wasn't some new repair under this "program" (like the switch and harness other have reported), I got the wonderfully ambiguous answer of "yes, that's what I was told too". "Would you like me to help set up an appointment with a different dealer?" :headscratch:

Notice after a few requests on the forum as to what the "program" entails, we have not been told? That's because there is no new repair for the cars!

Now the dealer kept my car until Wednesday calling me on Tuesday to tell me that they "were still working on it", yet all of the paperwork says they did nothing to my car except test it!

Ever get the feeling you're being lied to?

I'm beginning to believe what that unnameable person told me about how Chevy intends to deal with these cars and their owners. :nonono:

WTF!!!!

I took my 2014 2LT in yesterday to have end caps replaced on my roof rack crossbars, as they fall out very easily. Chevy does not carry end caps, so they had to order new crossbars just for cheap plastic end caps. So they spend $300+ to replace a couple $5 end caps. Unbelievable!!! They also told me that there was a open recall on the A/C system for my vehicle, even though I have had no problems with it. Last week, I emailed Chevy Customer service 3 times to find out if my VIN was on the list of suspect A/C vehicles and of course they did not answer me, but at least my dealer knew about the problems everyone is having with their A/C. They ordered a couple parts and said they would call when parts arrived. Not sure I will have the vehicle, as I am looking at a Sonic LTZ replacement. I only have 3200 miles on spark; however, all the open/unsolved issues have me worried about the quality level of this vehicle. As you remember, my 2013 was a buyback for A/B issues and received the 2014 as replacement. No problems, just concerned about the overall Spark vehicle.

I took my 2014 2LT in yesterday to have end caps replaced on my roof rack crossbars, as they fall out very easily. Chevy does not carry end caps, so they had to order new crossbars just for cheap plastic end caps. So they spend $300+ to replace a couple $5 end caps. Unbelievable!!! They also told me that there was a open recall on the A/C system for my vehicle, even though I have had no problems with it. Last week, I emailed Chevy Customer service 3 times to find out if my VIN was on the list of suspect A/C vehicles and of course they did not answer me, but at least my dealer knew about the problems everyone is having with their A/C. They ordered a couple parts and said they would call when parts arrived. Not sure I will have the vehicle, as I am looking at a Sonic LTZ replacement. I only have 3200 miles on spark; however, all the open/unsolved issues have me worried about the quality level of this vehicle. As you remember, my 2013 was a buyback for A/B issues and received the 2014 as replacement. No problems, just concerned about the overall Spark vehicle.

Well, glad I'm not the only one getting a run around, Gossamer sorry to hear this but reinforces my feelings.

And with the second car going away, are you sure Chevy is the way to go? It sounds like you are having better experiences than I have had, but even I would start to question at your point. Looking more and more like a Fiesta is in my future, would be nice if Chevy would offer to buy my car back since the latest dealer pretty much told me to get bent. (Or choose your own rude thought if you prefer)

I have had worse problems with Ford than I have had with Chevrolet. I would absolutely not buy another ford. Sonic has gotten excellent reviews from the experts and the forums are not loaded up with persistent problems as the Spark forum has with the A/C and a few others. I have no problems with my Spark; however, we will see how it fares when I get trade in estimate. My 2LT had MSRP over $18000, so we will see what Chevy dealer offers. I have a 2014 Hyundai Accent SE which I absolutely love and which has had zero issues and it is comfortable to drive as well. No zippy, but comfortable and very roomy. The sonic has the 1.4 L Turbo so it should have a little punch to it if needed. We will see and I am only in deliberation stage.

If you want comfort, economy, storage space, interior and exterior quality the Hyundai Accent SE is a wonderful car. I was originally waiting for a 2015 Honda Fit, but Honda is playing games again with a new vehicle release and it is made in Mexico so I opted to trade my 2011 Honda Fit Sport for the Hyundai with sunroof and it is a great car for me. Plus it has a real 6 speed transmission with manual selectronic that really works as well as a manual is that is what you are after. If all works out well, I will have a Sonic Turbo soon as soon. Good luck in your search.