HVAC customer satisfaction program - end April 30, 2016

When I called they told me they could not determine which parts were needed until I came in. Every customer I heard them tell about ordering parts were told 4 weeks, didn't matter which car they were ordering for.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you just post the info here. Its not top secret is it? It's just letters and numbers on a page that you read from left to right. We can figure it out.

I think it is done on purpose to stop the bleeding of cash on repairs, same goes for the April 30 deadline. Yup full of anger from dealing with Chevy support and my local dealer. Ready to build a rem

That's why they have to cancel the program fast, too many people might take them up on this if they knew it was happening. Sitting here waiting for the service manager to call me back so I can make an

thanks for the feedback from everyone. I will keep you informed of my progress. For what it's worth I feel a bit dumb because I had noticed issues, but thought it was because it was a small car/engine. :doh:

However, at least I did not have to deal with the run around prior to it being recognized as a widespread issue.

Edited by jckstraw

As far as I know, I'm still waiting for parts so you are way ahead of me. I haven't heard anything in a week so I assume my parts are not here. It also may mean that the tech. hasn't been paid for any of the work he did on my ticket, so I would assume he is more interested in getting the parts than I am.

What happened to me, at dealer #1, is they never got the parts according to their parts department, after talking with 3 different people during a 35 day period. So I decided I had enough of those clowns and went to dealer #2. Dealer #2 was better at this. After almost 2 weeks of waiting on parts, I call and speak with the advisor who checked me in. Parts not showing on inventory, so he takes my phone # to call me back after he goes back in parts and checks for himself. I get a call 10min later, they got the parts, but the parts were not entered into inventory. This could be why some of us are having problems with our dealers, they're not entering the parts in as they arrive at the dealers. They need to actually look for the parts themselves. Mine is now completed.

Took mine to Stanley chevy in mccordsville, Indiana Tuesday. They looked at it and said it needed numerous parts replaced and that it would be 2-3 days it's Saturday now and I've yet to hear anything. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll have it back. They have not offered a loaner car and when I asked they said they were out. So hopefully I can figure out a vehicle for work when they are working on it next week.

Called the dealer today. They said the parts had just arrived and I can bring it in today's and it'll be worked on tomorrow. I asked about a loaner vehicle and was told they had none.

Hey njresler,

We are happy to hear that your parts are in, and your dealership is ready to start fixing the A/C concern. Please feel free to let me know if you have any feedback from the experience or if you have any further concerns? I'll be looking forward to your update.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

Called the dealer today. They said the parts had just arrived and I can bring it in today's and it'll be worked on tomorrow. I asked about a loaner vehicle and was told they had none.

Hey njresler,

We are happy to hear that your parts are in, and your dealership is ready to start fixing the A/C concern. Please feel free to let me know if you have any feedback from the experience or if you have any further concerns? I'll be looking forward to your update.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

I asked about a loaner or possibly rental car while this warranty work is to be completed. I was told by my dealer that Chevy does not supply a loaner or rental under our warrantys for a recall repair. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought it was odd that chevy recalls a vehicle and requires a repair but wont supply you transportation while the repair is being made. My parts have sat at the dealer for over a month now because i dont have the time to leave my car at a dealer for half a day and wait around. I just flat out do not have the time....

Chevrolet Customer Care, anything you can do to help me out here? Maybe contact the dealer and see if chevy would be willing to put me into a rental or loaner vehicle?

When I called they told me they could not determine which parts were needed until I came in. Every customer I heard them tell about ordering parts were told 4 weeks, didn't matter which car they were ordering for.

That's a load of bull****, they keep a record of every service performed on your car, it's all tied in to the Vin #. All they need to do is run the Vin, and see what has, and has not been done, as far as replacing the a/c parts, from there they will know that they need to do what ever hasn't been done, to satisfy the recall. On second thought though, you had that problem with the recirc door, so possibly, they do need to see it. Whew!!

I still have not been but my resident with the lemonade spark finally got hers done. I just looked at it this morning.

Let me tell you who ever did it was not good at all. The wire harness is just zip tied all the way up the ac lines. Then instead of going inside the wire loom they poked a hole through the top of the weather grommet. There is no way I would let this go in my car. I did not have time to look under the dash but maybe another time. Her compressor was not changed either and hers makes that whine also after shut off.

I wish we could get a chevy printout on the full procedure for this fix. I'm sure it has part numbers, pictures and directions on what to do. Normally it will give every detail of how and where to route the wire.

Does anyone here or chevy reps care to post a PDF?

Edited by bluer101

I still have not been but my resident with the lemonade spark finally got hers done. I just looked at it this morning.

Let me tell you who ever did it was not good at all. The wire harness is just zip tied all the way up the ac lines. Then instead of going inside the wire loom they poked a hole through the top of the weather grommet. There is no way I would let this go in my car. I did not have time to look under the dash but maybe another time. Her compressor was not changed either and hers makes that whine also after shut off.

I wish we could get a chevy printout on the full procedure for this fix. I'm sure it has part numbers, pictures and directions on what to do. Normally it will give every detail of how and where to route the wire.

Does anyone here or chevy reps care to post a PDF?

How is it performing??

I find it to be a marked improvement, especially at idle, and lower speeds. I guess the word would be, "more consistent", not fluctuating between warm and cool. As far as the temperature, you're not going to get frostbite in this car, it's good, not great. As far as blowing hard, that's the blower fan, shouldn't be affected by the a/c unit.

Still waiting for parts, no updates from the dealer. Considering the dealers keep telling people that most cars need nothing, how can there be a shortage of parts? Is someone sitting in a machine shop cutting these pieces out on demand? How about sending me the drawings and I'll cut my own parts and create my own harness?

My fan does not blow like it did when it was new, just been living with it.

Did she replace her cabin air filter with a aftermarket one with charcoal? I did notice a slight difference in air output, although this filter seems to help better with the pollen and crap I'm alergic to. I finally got to try mine out after the repair. Air temp is more consistant at idle and on the hwy, it does not get colder, but stays cold thus keeping the inside much more comfortable, and the compressor cycles less, probably will increase the life of the compressor clutch too. Yes, they used zip ties to secure the wires up through the exsisting hole where a larger loom goes through the firewall. I really don't care since it now works as it should. PS I had better luck with Jet in Federal Way with following up and getting the repair done than with the original dealer I first went to. Still never heard back from those clowns. I did test drive one of their new Cruzes around the block for a 50 gift card I'm using today, lol, so that made up for the trouble I had with their service department. Edited by austex04

Hello Everyone,

I see there are some questions in regard to this program. Please private message me so I can see if your VIN is associated to this program. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany

Chevrolet Customer Care