Stalling when stopped

UPDATE! After much time diagnosing with my laptop scan tool, I was able to prevent the 2014 Spark from stalling during initial acceleration and dying when coming to an idle. I discovered that when I turned the fuel control loop off the car would idle and run perfect.

As a temporary fix to treat the symptoms and keep from getting in or causing an accident, I unplugged the upstream O2 sensor. It has been about 2 weeks and the car has been running great. I know this is just a temp fix and I still need to find out why this causes the car to run perfect.

The O2 sensor was the first item I changed when I first got the car and started troubleshooting . Now, the only DTC I get is for O2 sensor.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this power-train issue? Fuel injectors? Coil Pack? Spark Plugs? The upstream O2 sensor appears to be indicating a rich mixture most of the time like there is some inefficient combustion taking place and not necessarily a sensor problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I just bought a 2014 Chevy Spark in July and three months later my car started skipping when stopped/idle.  I took it the dealer and they change the coils, fuel pump and sensor.  The car is still doing it.  I just spoke to the dealer and was told that it is not showing any codes.  I he then said that the skipping is normal for this car.  This seems to be an issue with this car and I think GM needs to give it a little more attention.  I refuse to believe this is normal.

• 1 year later...

I just fixed my stalling problem. I removed the throttle body cleaning it the removed the cover clips( inside a clean plastic bag, since they fly away. Slipped my smallest blade on my pocket knife under the clip and turned. carfully removed the cover . Straight out so as to not bent twp gold connections. The plastic gear was sticking in one spot. Pulled big plastic gear out and put back in different position w tiny amout of lithium grease. Worked perfectly when reinstalled. Just have to move slow and be very careful. No magnets around this piece. 

Some of you are remarking about engine oil. I have three advanced degrees in chemistry and spent a lot my career in the lubricants area. Generally,  about oils is . THEY ARE ALL THE SAME THING. Just buy the cheepest and change oil a lot. 3 to 5,000 miles. I make a oil that is different. It is based on silver chemistry. Makes all of my cars run great. My 2014 Chevy spark humes along now really quiet. My oil is called Silver Series. Been making it for 20 years. Retired now . just make it in 4 gallon batches. 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2013 Chevy spark with the same issues shutting off but mine actually shut off while I was driving and turning in front of a car this has happened to me three times now and it scares me to death. Like everyone says it turns right back on but the point is what if I don't get it to turn on in time for me to get out of the way of the other car. This is very dangerous it's an obviously something that needs to be drastically looked into before somebody gets killed.  Every place couple things and still no fix. I'm a single mother and can't afford to keep fixing things that it might be I need to know something that it for sure is.