400 mile club.....

9.85 Gallons! Holy moly. I don't think I've ever gone over 7.5 lol :rockon:

It's a 10 gallon tank. Some gas stations have overly sensitive nozzles that click off prematurely. I've put over 2 gal in after the first click on numerous occasions. Of course you probably shouldn't "top off" if you are only driving a few miles before parking it, otherwise it might push fuel over into the evap system. I generally have at least 40+ miles to go to get home after filling up.

• 2 months later...

Went from indy to Chicago area 460 miles round trip. Averaged 45.5 mpg on the drive up and after driving around town and back still had an average of 42.3 mpg total trip. 70mph on interstate. Did try to stay a safe distance behind vehicles to draft and was using a/c for most of trip

Went from indy to Chicago area 460 miles round trip. Averaged 45.5 mpg on the drive up and after driving around town and back still had an average of 42.3 mpg total trip. 70mph on interstate. Did try to stay a safe distance behind vehicles to draft and was using a/c for most of trip

The Spark really does benefit from the drafting.... if I can slip behind one of those UPS or Fedex doubles on the way home I barely touch the gas pedal at 65-70 mph.

Where in NY?

Do the 2014 have a 10 gallon tank where the 2013 only have 9.2?

Like I said above... what they say it holds and what it actually holds seem to be 2 different things, ya know sometimes math is hard for them engineering type folks who write the manuals. :):hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Use the selection button until that lower segment is flashing, now scroll through the choices with the arrow keys until you get there. There are two miles per gallon, one is instantaneous and the other average.

Use the selection button until that lower segment is flashing, now scroll through the choices with the arrow keys until you get there. There are two miles per gallon, one is instantaneous and the other average.

mmm, i'm only getting my average speed, driving time and the number of miles left.. I have a 2014 LS+ version, is that the 'problem'?

What he said.....

Looking at your Fuelly, I guess it is possible, but it's around 50mpg. If you can turn that in every tank then you certainly got a better car than most of us and hopefully it will last unlike many of the rest of us.

Wow, thats really sick.. How????

Well that's a good question, I'm not really trying all that hard, IE: hypermiling, let's see.....

For back ground I drive about 800 miles a week, 700 worth is my commute to work. I drive to work in the late afternoon on 60 miles of interstate @70mph and 10 miles of 35-45mph rural roads, from work it's 2-4 AM on the same, and maybe 2 days a week on 2 lane the whole way at 50-55 mph.

The interstate I travel has rolling hills that are gradual so some throttle uphill and almost no throttle going downhill.... The 2 lane climbs over 1000' over a 15-20 mile distance then descends the same over about the same distance so for 20+ miles I don't ever touch the accel pedal and only the brake maybe 3 times for some really sharp turns. The Sparks programming that cuts off the injectors and changes the valve timing actually lets it freewheel downhill while in gear rather than having to kick it out of gear, it freaked me out the first few times until I got used to it.

Maybe it's the fact that previous to this car my 85 Jetta diesel was my DD and you have use momentum to it's fullest with it to get up the next hill :shift:

1. Proper tire inflation (45 PSI cold)

2. Momentum is your friend, brakes kill momentum, so I pay attention to what is happening far ahead. If a car 10 ahead of me hits the brakes I lift from the accel pedal rather than wait until the car ahead of me hits its brakes. If there is a red light ahead I lift off the accel pedal rather than run up to it and stop... ect.... same with turns. In other words I don't slam on the brake and gas pedals constantly, being smooth is the key.

3. I short shift, by the time I'm up to 40mph I'm usually in 5th.... and despite what some say here the shift light is indicating to shift up to the next gear not down shift.... this car makes pretty decent torque and there is really no need to ring it's neck other than the occasional busy interstate on ramp.

4. At 3 AM the FedEx tractor trailers rolling at 70mph+ can suck you right along behind them requiring almost no application of the throttle at all on your part.

5. I've always been more of a road course than a drag strip sorta guy, I like my G's more lateral than longitudinal..... :rockon: so maintaining momentum in the turns for me is my fun.

6. I avoid traffic as much as possible, I hate other drivers on my roads B) the street one over from main street goes the same direction and I get there sooner..... This I get from riding my motorcycles, nothing sucks more than sitting in traffic in town on an air cooled, dry clutch bike, getting hand cramps from the stop and go.

I'm sure that's more than you probably wanted to know, and I'll probably come back and edit it after I think about it a little more....