Spyshots: 2015 Chevrolet Spark First Photos

Basically,the body shell looks the same to me, they may make some cosmetic changes to the nose, and tail. Powertrain changes possible, have to wait till the disguise comes off. They should be doing a better job of marketing, they are "updating" a car that the average person has never even heard of. I wonder how far they will update the price? They mentioned the safety rating of the Spark on news radio this morning, this is the biggest piece of marketing I have heard since I bought the car.

Looks like they have changed the position of the back door handles.

Ditto everything Walt says. I only knew this car was available when I visited a Chevy dealer this summer looking at used cars. I was shown one when I was considering used vehicles. Perhaps that is THE marketing plan - sell them to people who are considering used, but would prefer new, but don't think they can afford it.

SH

I knew about it from looking at the competition for the Yaris. A little car I liked, but didn't love, and the price was high for what I thought I was getting, and since we were buying for best MPG for the cheapest price, we kept looking.

I HATED the front end of the Spark, and was not a fan of the rear either, but my wife kept saying we should look at it due to the cost. I was not much more of a fan of the exterior when I saw it on the lot, but once I sat inside with my wife, son, sales person, and myself and we were all comfortable, I was sold.

The exterior is growing on me, but I love the space and room. Add the cool factor of the gauge cluster, and I was sold. I am just thankful I dont have to look at the outside when I'm driving!

I'm with you Shane, not real fond of the front - depending on how you look at it, it looks like the front end of the car has been in an accident and the hood is slightly popped up. I don't like the inverted look of the back either. In some ways the back reminds me of the Pontiac Aztec. Yuck. Kind of wish it would seat 5 as well. None of these things are deal breakers for me though... there are many other favorable features.

Hard to tell what exactly is changing with this under wraps, but right now, it doesn't look like much.

SH

I think it is the head lights. The long weird Trapeziodal shape and all that CHROME...Did I mention all the CHROME! If they went with a more traditional style headlight it would be much better, for me. It reminds me slightly of the late 90's Celicas that I hated because of the headlights and the CHROME!!! Lots of CHROME! hahaha

I like that the rear door handles moved to a easier to access spot where it belongs. Hopefully they gave up on crazy headlamps, and gone back to traditonal style used on Sonic and Cruze. They should consider a turbo version of the 1.2 engine, simular set up like the 1.4, and make it part of the LT2 package, as well as upgraded handling on that model. It would lure would be Fiat buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

not liking the rear door handles... 2013 - 2014 handles made the car look modern.

looks like the spoiler might be raised this time around...

side shot makes it look exactly like a sonic

front shot makes it look like an Aveo...

maybe these things are still concept items...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not liking the traditional rear door handles either. Looks like those of us in the U.S. who purchased a 2013-14 are going to have a "limited edition".

I wonder if they looked at the real world demographic and how it differed from their projections and are now designing it with what they think the older demographic who actually bought these wants. It would be in keeping with GM's seemingly famed disconnect with customers.

Edited by m1ckDELTA

The rear handle is funny, but they do seem to work just fine, would be a shame if they went back to regular handles without some real performance reason behind it. Do we know if it really did receive direct injection? Did they maybe put in a multi-clutch automatic with 6 full gears (like the Sonic and Cruze)? Or maybe a manual with an overdrive 6th gear like we all think it should have? Even a 500rpm drop on the highway would make a lot of MPG difference for most of us!

I like how the back door handles are on my 2013 Spark LS I hope the front looks better and is interchangible I miss the 2011 front LT bumper so much I wish GM didn't change it for 2013 but it's starting to grow on me though I :wub: my Jalapeno Spark A.K.A SLIMER I just added the jalapeno panel for the radio really brings out the interior now. :rockon:

From what I can make out, it appears that they have toned down the swoopyness of the headlights and are like a hybrid of both the Sonic and Cruise. I like where the door handle is for the rear doors of the current Spark model. I just feel like there's not much to improve upon style-wise for the Spark. It looks fantastic the way it is. I actually hate how car companies these days feel they need to change the look of their cars every year or two.