GM helps with Replacing Camaro ZL1 ...

I would think that the dealership would be responsible for the damage, being their employee damaged the car. I don't know how effective those signs that state "not responsible for blah, blah, blah" are today, in this litigious society, but in my opinion, there is no way the vehicle owner should be responsible for any of this damage. If his insurance would pay, his premiums would skyrocket for at least three years. Why should he have to take such a financial hit, for something he had nothing to do with.

The dealerships employee (according to the article) wasn't supposed to be in the car, so essentially stole it. That being said, there are no responsibilities to fix or replace the vehicle on the dealerships end. As a good faith moment, the dealer should take care of it, but again has no obligation to do so. Now if it was wrecked while being driven by a representative test driving the car after service, the would have to fix it.

The dealerships employee (according to the article) wasn't supposed to be in the car, so essentially stole it. That being said, there are no responsibilities to fix or replace the vehicle on the dealerships end. As a good faith moment, the dealer should take care of it, but again has no obligation to do so. Now if it was wrecked while being driven by a representative test driving the car after service, the would have to fix it.

i think since the employee HAD access to the car and means to get the keys and simply drive off with it is what they are fighting...