Problematic Electronics

That's why I bought the LS.... and I still think it has more gadgetry than needed. I still don't grasp putting integrated infotainment/gps systems in cars, most people swap phones every 2 or less years, cars not quite so often. Why not just have a screen that mirrors the users phone display and be done with it. Google maps on my phone provides far more accurate directions.... onstar/bing has tried to make a 10 mile trip into a 18 mile trip for me on several occasions....

• 1 month later...

The take away that I got is that it isn't system malfunctions, it's operator error. People who are comfortable with technology are.going to "get it" pretty quickly. Getting grandma a car with an infotainment system isn't a good idea if she cant get a handle on using a smartphone.

I know my MyLink has had a few issues with the weather being so cold….ipod function freezing saying there is one plugged in when there isn't. Everything on occasion get's offset on the screen so you have to figure out where to touch the screen. When it goes in for an oil change their going to check it out and see if it needs an update.

The only problem I have had with the MyLink radio is that it doesn't remember the last satellite channel it was on.

Almost every time I turn the radio off then shut the car off, when I start it again, the satellite channel goes back to Ch. 1 - the preview channel.

It's not a big deal, and it's not even really annoying, just weird that I have to keep tuning the radio back to the station I listen to all the time.

How I wish that was the biggest problem with the car! ;)