Hello All

I am the proud owner of a Chev Spark LT that I picked up last Friday. It has the red interior and is white outside. I am looking forward to many happy miles :shift:

Heres some pics of when I picked the car up.

IMAG0470 No plate

IMAG0471

IMAG0475 No plate

IMAG0472 No plate

:happy feet:

I wanted the stripes aswell but they can come later along with some new speakers :D

Thats all for now

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new car. That is a nice color combination, white/red interior, I wasn't aware they came that way. I just noticed, you are located in South Africa, do you get a color choice on the interior? Or is that standard for the white exterior? In any case, again, welcome. :)

Thanks guys

When I purchased the car, the only options here in SA are cloth or the red interior. I wanted red paint work aswell but there is a complete mess in the car industry atm so I just went with the white instead as they had stock. It was only after finding the forum I saw there were other interior colors offered. I'm enjoying the car, just trying to run it in a little before I drive it like I stole it :D

On a side note, I have noticed I get vibration through the steering wheel at 120km/h (+-75mph). I'm guessing unbalenced wheels? Anyone else have a problem like this?

Welcome! Did your car come with 185/55/15 tires and wheels? I've had a vibration at higher speeds since day 1. The dealer tried unsuccessfully to balance the tires. They're Goodyear Integrity tires, I'm looking into upgrading tires at some point, since my tires won't balance out. Other than that and one of the speaker covers vibrating, I like the car.

Looking closely, it is a hard car to figure, by American standards, it appears to be a 2LT, with the roof rails, and rims, doesn't seem to have fogs, but it is hard to tell in the photo. The upholstery options are cloth, or red, guessing leatherette, again a 2LT feature. But it doesn't have a touchscreen head unit. Either way, it's a good looking car, with a sharp color combination. Just wondering, how well does the a/c work?

Did your car come with 185/55/15 tires and wheels?

The Wheels are 165/60/15. Small but it's a small car. They have RR2 rim option (Not sure if that means anything to you, it seems south africa does things a little different with these cars then the rest of the world). I'm gonna take it in to the dealer tomorrow and ask them to rebalence the wheels.

Looking closely, it is a hard car to figure, by American standards, it appears to be a 2LT, with the roof rails, and rims, doesn't seem to have fogs, but it is hard to tell in the photo. The upholstery options are cloth, or red, guessing leatherette, again a 2LT feature. But it doesn't have a touchscreen head unit. Either way, it's a good looking car, with a sharp color combination. Just wondering, how well does the a/c work?

From Sa specs this is what I have. Red letherette, RR2 rim option and it's a LT model with Fog lamps as standard but no touch screen. It does have AuX and USB inputs.

I'll take some decent pics with a proper camera and post em up here

• 1 year later...

Congratulations, it looks like your headlights and tail lights are different from ours also. I like them better than ours.

I have had mine for 6 months and have 10,000 miles on it. I have driven it a lot at 70-75 mph and have not experienced any vibrations.

Edit, just noticed this is an old thread. I would like to hear an update on how you like your car.

Edited by Angrybird12

Thanks guys

When I purchased the car, the only options here in SA are cloth or the red interior. I wanted red paint work aswell but there is a complete mess in the car industry atm so I just went with the white instead as they had stock. It was only after finding the forum I saw there were other interior colors offered. I'm enjoying the car, just trying to run it in a little before I drive it like I stole it :D

On a side note, I have noticed I get vibration through the steering wheel at 120km/h (+-75mph). I'm guessing unbalenced wheels? Anyone else have a problem like this?

I too had slight vibration at exactly 74mph (120km/h) and would go away at 80mph (125km/h) after having the wheels rotated. Turns out it just needed a slight wheel balance.