• 2 weeks later...

Got the adapter in the mail and setup the app night before last. Havent had time to fine tune it yet, bjt so far this app is LEGIT! All i track is coolant temp, intake temperature, and voltage. For those of you who have done the intake mod, with the snorkel i put on there, my intake temps run 4 degrees higher than the outside temp ;) i highly recommend this app!

The adapters get pretty pricey, so I was skeptical to get such a cheap one, but it works fine :)

Probably the wrong place to post this Greg, but in the intake mod thread you asked about possible water issues driving in the rain. I just drove home in a very heavy rain fall. And it's been doing it all day long, so I hit a couple / few big puddles as well. Immidiately popped the hood when I got home, and the snorkel was bone dry......

Thanks for the update, I still haven't done anything with mine except price some stainless tubing for the hot air mod.

My BT adapter seems to work fine, and only $12. Maybe if we are ever able to reprogram these cars I'll upgrade to a more expensive device, but only if needed.

I like to think it's only a matter of time before we can reprogram our ECMs. We only have 1.2L engines, so IDK how much more power we can squeeze out of em without diminishing our gas mileage and them still be reliable everyday drivers, but reprogramming or flashing ECMs have other benefits besides power. These little motors will never produce high power numbers, so maybe someone will come out with a "detune flash" to where we can get even higher MPG numbers :) I'd personally be more interested in a flash like that than a power making one. Or simply a flash that gives us control of the ECM/TCM/PCM to where we can set stuff how we personally like it. Shift points etc......

I'd really like to be able to program the BCM so that the compressor doesn't run when I put the controls in defrost mode, if I need to remove humidity I know how to push the snowflake button. Much of the time I get temperatures that give freezing water on the windshield and a little bit of heat would go a long way, but the compressor runs until the outside air gets down to around 20 degrees F where it is considered dry enough already. It's a serious gas hog when all you need is some heat on the glass!

• 5 months later...