How safe is a chevy spark in a car crash?

There was a nasty accident today involving a Chrysler minivan and a Toyota Camry...The Camry was OBLITERATED while the Chrysler only looked to be in a minor accident (bumper and a dented fender). From the looks of it there was another car involved that I didn't see.

Here's the result

vkd2.jpg

There is no doubt that this little car is safer than any previous car I have owned! If you've been driving econo-boxes from a few years ago, this holds true. If you went from Mercedes to Spark, then it is probably less safe but still in the more than enough range.

^^^ 30 years ago, the driver would likely be dead from the accident. Nowadays, you will survive that accident, but death may still occur from a secondary incident such as a heart attack. (elderly)

I can def agree with the heart attack with most of the drivers down here on the road in Florida :drop:

There is no doubt that this little car is safer than any previous car I have owned! If you've been driving econo-boxes from a few years ago, this holds true. If you went from Mercedes to Spark, then it is probably less safe but still in the more than enough range.

I went from a mid 90s Caddy to this and so far I don't feel any less safe, if anything I feel a bit safer with all of those air bags and the advances in car design

A mid-90's Caddy? Heck a Chevy Cobalt would fair better. I really, really want a different car. I like my Spark, but I am tired of it already.

Try the Hyundai Accent, I think you'll like it, but it's about 3 grand more starting price. I almost bought one, but I still like my Spark, but not liking GM as a company, which will prevent me from buying another. A older Caddy spilling oil? No! LOL! Those things are moving oil spills, and probably always will be once they reach 5+years. GM ruined their 3800 v6 when they started ingesting coolant right after the warranty was up. Edited by austex04

Try the Hyundai Accent, I think you'll like it, but it's about 3 grand more starting price. I almost bought one, but I still like my Spark, but not liking GM as a company, which will prevent me from buying another. A older Caddy spilling oil? No! LOL! Those things are moving oil spills, and probably always will be once they reach 5+years. GM ruined their 3800 v6 when they started ingesting coolant right after the warranty was up.

I like Hyundai. We will be getting a Veloster after I graduate from nursing school next July. I haven't had a problem with GM with any issues. I think it comes down to the individual dealerships, and whether or not that they will be an advocate for their customers. I went to a dealership in Tampa, Gordon Chevrolet, which is a mid-size to large dealership, and they were clueless and did not want to even talk about the Bringgo app update when it became avail. My dealership here in Spring Hill, Register Chevy, looked into it and then updated without issue. My Spark was the first one that was done by them, and they told me that the techs were being trained on the Spark's nuances when I take my car in. That is proactive, that is advocating, larger dealerships just simply, don't seem to care. I will not get rid of my Spark, but I will simply buy a cheap toy to drive. There is a 1990 Miata, Smurf Blue, down the street that I am probably going to buy. It is cheap at under 1k, and I know how to work on them.. I am 39, and I have had 36 cars in my 22 years of driving. I get bored with cars rather easily.