US: rear turn signals red... Why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's many import models sold here that have amber rear turn signals, so why did GM change this for Sparks sold here? I started a thread on European tail lamps, I just wish it was easy and inexpensive to order them for my car. Yes, amber signals are safer, that's why they're required to be that color in Europe. People who are color blind can see amber better than red.

There's many import models sold here that have amber rear turn signals, so why did GM change this for Sparks sold here? I started a thread on European tail lamps, I just wish it was easy and inexpensive to order them for my car. Yes, amber signals are safer, that's why they're required to be that color in Europe. People who are color blind can see amber better than red.

Makes sense, I would put those on in a heartbeat.

The amber is also very different from the red brake light so there is less confusion between the two.

So the Z-spec is pretty much just a few parts off the EU versions and some stickers? Where's the fun in that?

The EU ver is a LTZ did you watch the video link I posted? The Z-Spec is a concept car

http://youtu.be/pU0W21WJwws

Edited by Spark_Rules-0713

Z-spec is supposed to be a bunch of user purchased additions that we are supposed to be able to buy, so far just the front grille has shown up. I don't think you can even order a Spark with the Z-spec accessories yet, just like the spare tire kit that sort of promised. Chevy sure is dragging their feet on a car that is selling very well.