15hr road trip No A/C after 10 hrs ???

Just went to visit parents in Chicago from dallas, then on my way back my spark after 10 hrs of driving non-stop with a/c on randomly started blowing warm air. Gave the car a break for a couple hours and still no cold a/c. Only have 5,000 miles on it. Hopefully the dealer finds a solution tomorrow. Been running great other than that, I avg about 38-42mpg on highway 5 speed :)

Worst case a rock or something hit the condenser and all the refrigerant leaked out, in this case you would need to make a insurance claim, since it's a very expensive repair not covered by warranty. One design flaw is the large, unprotected opening under the bumper. This can be covered with a mesh screen to protect the condensor. You'll need to have the dealer look at it, could be several reasons why it just suddenly quit. There's some pretty pissed Cruze owners in the Cruze forum that had rocks rupture the condensers, just be prepared.

Edited by austex04
Worst case a rock or something hit the condenser and all the refrigerant leaked out, in this case you would need to make a insurance claim, since it's a very expensive repair not covered by warranty. One design flaw is the large, unprotected opening under the bumper. This can be covered with a mesh screen to protect the condensor. You'll need to have the dealer look at it, could be several reasons why it just suddenly quit. There's some pretty pissed Cruze owners in the Cruze forum that had rocks rupture the condensers, just be prepared.

I hope that never happens to me lol, because I drive that sucker alot. Over 3k miles a month.