• 7 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been driving my harder since getting my rims and wheels.

Ordered my springs today!

That's what I did.. my car is sitting with a rake like a 70s street machine.. Kinda cool but not sure if 'right'.

B&G springs, 17x7 +38 wheels, 205/40R17 Hercules Wraptis WR1 tires.

4 springs took me less than 90 minutes once I had collected all the tools I needed. What I didnt have on hand was a 24mm socket for the strut tower nut.

I think I can list all the tools from memory though.

24mm socket

18mm socket

15mm socket

24mm wrench

18mm wrench

T50 torx key

Ratchets to match

Spring compressor

Jack

2 stands

And of course whatever socket you need to get your wheels off. The whole job was made a LOT quicker with wanton use of an impact gun.

20151226_132917.jpg?m=1451158352

Edited by TheDrip

Not quite sure why anyone would want to increase the wheel size to 17" thus having a lower profile tire with a rougher ride and then lowering a perfectly good car..not entirely sure what is the benefit in doing this?..Still, I do admire and respect anyone doing their own work on a vehicle..no matter what.

Both, but the front more pronounced and often. There is a "nub" in the top of the wheel well toward the outside of the car. I suspect there is a screw behind it, but it has barely even made a mark on the plastic. The rear hardly touches, and it rubs flat at the top. no hidden screws or such to cause concern.

That said, after 1 week of commuting to work, I know every bump that causes an issue and what speed I can go over it. Just take a little more care when driving, something familiar to anyone that has owned a lowered vehicle before.

Edited by TheDrip