Considering getting a Spark, but I have a few questions.

I've had my Spark LS Automatic Jalapeno for a month now and I love it, it had 65 miles on the odometer, now Slimer has over 600 miles and I'm getting 28.8 mpg in city, very happy so far with my new Spark it's my first new car :) what I don't like is the plastic door panels scratch easy so be careful with the seat belt after releasing it so it doesn't hit the panels and the speakers do kinda suck I had to fade to rear +8 so I could hear the back speakers I don't know when I'll replace 'em. I wish GM didn't give the Spark a face lift when they brought it to the US here's what I thought I was getting

Chevrolet-Spark-0.jpg

But I was so disappointed when I saw this

2013-Chevy-Spark.jpg

This looks horrible in front now YUK! I ended up getting an LS the front is totally different :rant2:

0.jpg

But it's great car so far :rockon:

Edited by Spark_Rules-0713

So far it has the essentials for me, and cruise control is available in a after market kit, so that's covered. I can live without power locks, since I usually don't have people with me in the car anyway, and I'm capable of reaching over to unlock a door. Power windows I like since I live in a hot climate, and it's dangerous to reach over to roll windows while driving. The mylink isn't a needed item for me, since I always know where I'm going before I use the car, and I don't need applications anywhere other than my phone. Overall, it wasn't worth spending almost $2 grand more on a cheap car I'm not sure I'll still own in five years. A car is nothing more than a appliance to me than novelty, and prefer the tech items at home, where they cost less than to add onto a car. But for those who spend considerable amount of time in their cars, xm radio, and the internet radio applications could be a much wanted item, same with keyless entry for those with children or frequent passengers.

Edited by austex04

Speakers were 2 weeks in for me tinted windows were 1 month in 17 wheels and tires were 2 months in see a trend ?? This car rocks I love it !! And there is a fix now for the a/c one way or another. GET THE MANUAL!! The 2013 auto blows can't figure out what gear to be in and lacks power now the 2014 gets a much better cvt auto so we will have to see.

I drive 80 miles a day all interstate 75 mph no problem! Get the 1lt very good value for the Money.

N

But the dealer has a Ls manual advertised for 11600 that is a hell of a deal.

Overall

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting to be about that time where I need to decide what to look for. So I have a few more questions. What's a good purchase price and what have you guys purchased them for? The cheapest Spark I can find in Albuquerque is a LS manual and the advertised price is $12,995- a price that sounds too much. It's a 2014 model BTW.

And can you fit a bicycle in the back if you take the front wheel off, or would you have to take off both? I have a bike that I would need to take back home and or to the shop when (not if, given this campus' history with giving me flats) it gets another flat.

Welcome to the forum, tozir. I purchased my Spark last November. I researched the car for two months and finally found the exact model and color, jalapeno green LS with a 5 speed, I was looking for. It has been a great little car overall and I was impressed with the character and attitude this car displays. I am having trouble with the air conditioning and am getting ready to schedule my sixth visit to my second dealership to have more parts replaced. If I were looking at this time, I would look at the 2014 model. I like to think that most of the kinks are worked out in the first year of a car roll out. I would suggest a good test drive and verify that the a/c works as advertised. I have taken two long trips in my car. I drove from Memphis to Minnisota and then from Memphis to Florida. It was a great little car to drive and I was impressed with the up to 42 mpg I had on both trips. When I purchased my car, I managed to get the dealership to lower my interest rate and throw in the floor mats and rubber mat for the hatch area for free. I should have held out for the door jam protectors too, but it is what it is. Enjoy your search.