I thought about building a box for 2 6*9's and putting them on the rear shelf thing attached to the hatch. But decided against it because it's a regular thing that I have to take it out for space. Putting the 6*9s there would make it a pain to remove the shelf.....

I'll admit im a bit more relaxed with the cargo space... all i ever carry is probably a backpack or a gym bag. The things that pretty much live in my trunk are a first aid kit, roadside kit, back up workshirts, and some microfiber towels. soon ill be carrying a portable bike mount

Speakers are typically blown from a lack of power than from too much power. Cranking it up caused too much distortion and blew the coil.

hmm might try to connect them to my amp today ...

Look at it like this. If you tried to pull a lot of weight with the Spark, what would happen? You'd probably blow the motor up right? Not enough power to pull it. Same principle applies to audio as well. Therefore, more speakers blow due to lack of power than due to too much power

I dig this setup, although I am completely lost and confused by most of it... Just another sign Im getting old and unwilling to change! What ever happened to big amps and neon lights, mini trucks and 6x9's with huge boxes and panel rattles you could hear blocks away hahaha,its getting harder and harder to put bass where it belongs in these new cars, although your set up looks fantastic!!!

I dig this setup, although I am completely lost and confused by most of it... Just another sign Im getting old and unwilling to change! What ever happened to big amps and neon lights, mini trucks and 6x9's with huge boxes and panel rattles you could hear blocks away hahaha,its getting harder and harder to put bass where it belongs in these new cars, although your set up looks fantastic!!!

i hear you lol

its just technology is advancing and now a days

i just turned 27 and this is by far the most modern set up i have ever had... whenever i upgraded my system in any car i usually picked up a cheap pioneer or alpine base unit ...

this thing has everything, 2usb, hd radio, bluetooth talk & stream, app function, aux, xm read, and CD

although i wish single din units would be more advanced to communicate better with android. Ipod communication is a breeze.

Music and GPS is handled by my Tab 2 via wifi tether from my note 2. People ask me why i dont just use my phone (note 2) as my media device... honestly i dont know why but ive never liked the idea of a phone being my media player... dont ask i just dont lol. I also like the bigger screen option.

the best part of my set up is it was all a little over $500. Had i gone with the LT i would have paid $3,000 more and STILL have to remove the speakers

I'm not 17 anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Stage 4 System v3.0

UPDATE!

Originally i assumed my unit did not read track info (song title, Artist, Album) over bluetooth, which annoyed me a bit but i was still happy with my setup.

Yesterday as i was driving... all of a sudden everything kicked in and the display is now receiving the info which is awesome !

I have a couple of theories as to why it may have taken so long for it to kick in.

1. My Sd card. Its the most basic 32GB card... read and write speeds are slow but it works for what i need. So the info traveling from the tab 2 to the stereo via bluetooth too a long a$$ while to process....

2. The Rom i was using. My tab is rooted an naturally i wanted a custom rom. Im running Sungsonic HD. The best custom rom for audio purposes. The group that works on the rom have added android 4.2.2 as well as a much smoother interface.

im leaning towards 2.

Gives my setup a whole new look and feel.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...