System

Kicker Front 4' and Rear 4x6 Upgrade

Dual 8' sub w/ built in amp.

Metra B faceplate Kit

Pioneer DEH x9500bhs w/ Bluetooth call and music, Hd Radio, front Aux, 2 Usb, Pandora, Android & Ipod Friendly

Galaxy Tab 2 7'

Arkon Tab seat bolt mount

Tab 2 6' sync cable

ipod 6' sync cable

really tried and succeeded in staying on or under my budget. Had i gone with the 2LT i would have paid an extra $3,000 and STILL would have to have replaced the speakers AND added a sub...

Stage 1 System v1.0

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1138-sound-in-my-spark/

Stage 2 System v1.1

got my Stereo and Mount really early so naturally i went to install the mount.

Unfortunately our little Sparks DONT HAVE FRONT bolts...

all is not lost though just takes a bit more work

there are 4 areas where i can place the mount ... 2 are ideal and 1 isnt and the last is out of the question for me. I tried 3 (trial and error)

1st area

20130728_185352_zps10059857.jpg

right under the dash on the passenger side there is a bold attached to the plastic... we put it there and i said "wow its perfect" then my pops went to sit in the passenger, his knee hits the mount... so no go.

2nd area

next area requires adding 2 washers and your own bolt

20130728_185409_zps9919e88a.jpg

that hole can easily hold the mount.

the only issue is that if anyone moves the seat up the mount will hit the center console because its attached to the moving system which is also an issue but not a big one ... I know because my pops did and scratched the plastic a bit lol.

20130726_182705_zps1a34a96a.jpg

it goes on the inside the seat laying down.

3rd area

on the seat moving system theres actually a small area where the mount fits perfectly

20130728_185419_zpsb0915493.jpg

using the same bolt and washer system this worked best for me.

There is a small issue where the bending part does make contact with the seat but does no damage and i have enough area to move the snake around and actually fit it right above the cup holder area.

20130726_182659_zpsc5cf6ae4.jpg

fuzzy pic but you get the idea.

for now im happy with the tab idea. i get so many ways to have my system bump without an amp and sub.

my appointment to get my stereo and sub installed is tomorrow so hopefully i can have everything done by tomorrow.

Edited by Paul Delgado

Why not a cup holder mount for the Tab?

saw those but i like the flexibility of moving the mount closer.

the cup holder position is just in case someones leg bumps the mount. Also a cup mount would have taken up both holders. With my mount i can adjust it to where i can still use both

plus a good cup holder mount would have been the same price as the one i bought.

Edited by Paul Delgado

Stage 3 System v2.0

took my car to get wired !

BTW there is no filter in this pic just Mothers wash and wax =D

20130729_144336_zpsb25a7ef4.jpg

ive gone to these guys for years. They were a bit stumped when it came to the interface but they got it working.

20130729_141941_zps2d81d683.jpg

the guys really did a great job and worth every penny. They even told me "since its our first time dealing with an interface like that bring it back if you EVER have any issues" i tested everything stereo, sub, XIA and they all work flawlessly. Takes some toying with the XIA but has all the factory adjustment features.

20130729_193939_zpsbde2b173.jpg

20130729_150543_zpsb4bc8462.jpg

looks a bit messy but ill fix it so it looks good once i get everything together...

the Amp really gives the speakers a much needed boost. although the kickers are 100 times better then the factory speakers. You really can tell the difference once the amp give them a jolt.

I am more than satisfied with my Dual 8' sub. It really is surprising the power it puts out for $80. read reviews and everyone commented on the power. That along with the spark being a small car makes the sub work better.

although i sacrificed trunk space its totally worth it.

Stage 4 System v2.1

got this in the mail lol universal infrared steering wheel remote

20130729_185825_zps0c647212.jpg

takes some time to setup but hey it works lol

Edited by Paul Delgado
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice, glad to see this kit working for you. I have a dual brand box with 2 12's in my Jeep and I can say that they are a great value for the money, they hit hard. That one you got with the integrated amp looks very nice and at a great price. I am torn at this point weather to sacrifice what little trunk space I have or go for the more expensive hidden option.

It looks really good, but I have to wonder... why not go bluetooth while you are at it?

funny you should say that...

i did go the bluetooth route in the end. my tab is only connected for charging purposes.

For navigation I tether my phones Internet (rooted phone and tablet) and navigation works perfect... im looking for a hack or even app that will sync the nav and music together instead of the nav cutting the music off to say the next direction...

had an awesome experience the other day... had to go to a training for work and the route back was full of traffic. i had forgotten to load up daft punks new album on my tab so I turned on my wifi tether from my phone and downloaded the album straight on my tab in 7 min (4G LTE rocks) while i was stuck in traffic for an hour...

also going to buy a powered bluetooth obd2 adaptor for the torque app

I was thinking of getting a wireless parking camera for the tab but it's too expensive and there's no auto on feature...

i found a display and camera system for 35 bucks with automatic on reverse system

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67824_Scosche-RVC1R.html

my head unit still has features that I need to check out but I'm really satisfied with my setup...

originally i was thinking of a power acoustik 9' display but then someone brought up the tablet idea and the rest is history

Are you running cyanogen since your rooted? Thought I saw something in there about audio fading. There is bound to be n I/O tweak you can do.

nah I'm rocking Sungsonic HD w/ power amp as my main music player and audiofx (which sungsonic is loaded with) for an extra boost but power amp is actually enough tweak

sungsonic hd imho by far is the best for audio the dude did a kickass job with the rom

the only downside is that audio skips for some users but thats where power amp comes in ...it has an adjustment for audio buffer which fixes the issue

I would recommend a setup like mine if you have a tablet that you barely use...

with smart phones being sometimes more powerful people tend to let tablets collect dust...

i would even get last years model since it would be at a massive discount and you wont need all the bells and whistles that an ipad 3 or windows surface provides...

aslong az you can root the tab to android 4.0 your good

I have all Nexus devices. I have been thinking about getting the new Nexus7 so maybe my old nexus 7 will go in there. I am really kinda leaning towards an android powered head unit, or the stock infotainment upgrade. Iike the OE look inside, and the non OE look outside, for now.

I have all Nexus devices. I have been thinking about getting the new Nexus7 so maybe my old nexus 7 will go in there. I am really kinda leaning towards an android powered head unit, or the stock infotainment upgrade. Iike the OE look inside, and the non OE look outside, for now.

nexus would be perfect for the build. and you don't necessarily need a unit as powerful as mine if your content with bluetooth and aux then there are a number of budget options..i would stick with pioneer & alpine though

as far as android units. i think it's still in the premature stages. although China does have a few units but it's not a good buy without support or warranty behind it.

Your only option would be Parrots line specifically the smart asteroid unit... but it's only android 2.0 I believe.

or grab a cheap cup mount from Ebay along with your aux and throw your nexus in the car for now... i was driving around like that for a week and it was pretty cool

• 3 weeks later...

blew out one of my kickers today...

lucky for me I bought the warranty for $2.99

I even asked if I could upgrade them and they said OK but they didn't have the Polk or Infinity I wanted so I got another kicker set but will upgrade soon

The amp probably clipped, easy to do with most stock head units. I'm still thinking about going with infinity speakers, but going to wait to see what happens with the HVAC in my car. Not wanting to spend any extra money right now.

Edited by Greg_E

The amp probably clipped, easy to do with most stock head units. I'm still thinking about going with infinity speakers, but going to wait to see what happens with the HVAC in my car. Not wanting to spend any extra money right now.

My head unit is not stock... I think I over did it on my settings...also my kickers are not connected to my amp and now i wont be connecting them lol.

I have 30 days to return them so I'm definitely upgrading through Amazon got a gift card for my bday =)

Are the kickers power hungry? Its easier to blow a speaker from lack of power than too much power.....

not sure to be honest. Peak power is 100w according to amazon. I might need 150w or 200w... with 4x6 its hard to find a decent pair with that ... all i found where infinity's and Polk audio ....

downside is if i buy them through amazon which is cheaper ... there is no instant exchange warranty...

if i buy them at frys they're alot more expensive but the warranty is super cheap and worth it.

the kicker warranty was $2.99 for 2 years and i already blew a pair lol... they just exchanged them for new ones on the spot.

OR

i can just get a cheap pyle pair for $20 and hook them up through the amp and have 6 speakers... that should take off some load from the rear ... (thats what she said)

id have to mod something or build a box to sit on top of the sub ...

dame i just thought of that and i might just do that haha

Edited by Lovgun7